v18 Listitem.art(artist.clearlogo) on genres?
So I was doing some skin testing on music window views, and one view loads image control with texture of Listitem.Art(artist.clearlogo).  When I was in the music genre library node, some (not all) of the genre listitems were showing what seems to be a random artist clearlogo.  I patched around it by adding a visibility condition of !String.IsEqual(Listitem.DBType, genre) but I don't think this should be necessary (doesn't happen in "years" node)?  I haven't tested to see if this is unique to clearlogo art type, but I would doubt it.

scott s.
Scott, some help with skin changes (pref to Confluenece) so I can reproduce this would be useful. However I already have some insight: the items of the genre node have ID set, the items on the years node do not. The randomness will be where genre ID happens to match an artist ID that has a clearlogo. But the details of how/where the art is being looked up, and what correction is needed to ensure that genres can still have thumbs but not pick up the wrong type of art I will need to investigate further.

I could also do with some info on how some skins show thumbs for genres. It is not something I have ever used but I am vaguely aware that there are images sets somewhere for this.
(2018-09-12, 08:34)DaveBlake Wrote: Scott, some help with skin changes (pref to Confluenece) so I can reproduce this would be useful. However I already have some insight: the items of the genre node have ID set, the items on the years node do not. The randomness will be where genre ID happens to match an artist ID that has a clearlogo. But the details of how/where the art is being looked up, and what correction is needed to ensure that genres can still have thumbs but not pick up the wrong type of art I will need to investigate further.

I could also do with some info on how some skins show thumbs for genres. It is not something I have ever used but I am vaguely aware that there are images sets somewhere for this.

I will get a mod Confluence skin file for you.  In the mean time, for genres, the method of displaying art isn't perfect for skins.  User can install image resource packs from the Kodi repo for Music Genre Icons and Music Genre Fanart.  There is a helper addon for resource selection (image resource select addon 2.0.2 skins set as a dependency) that will set a window property with the path to these resource packs.  Skins use that property to set the path and append filename of genre_listitem.label.png or .jpg (the window property tells you what extension is used) for the texture in image controls.  Unfortunately, I guess for performance reasons, skin settings nor window properties work inside lists, so the utility of a resource pack is limited in some view types.

The skin my mod is derived from was designed with a number of arts in views with the assumption that if the art doesn't exist the image won't be loaded (i.e., no fallback texture).  That may not be the best style (compared to explicit visible elements in the control).

scott s.
I have clearlogos set up to display now in 180910 nightly Confluence view 50, but I'm not (yet) able to repeat getting an artist.clearlogo on a genre listitem so I need to do some more digging to see if I can figure out what the story is.  I started with a clean userdata.

I did have Artwork Beef set up on my Beta 1 skin dev system to add art (where I see the issue), while I added the clearlogos in the Confluence tester using the UI, but I don't see why that would make any difference.

scott s.
I'd love to see some screenshots if you have the new artwork working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listitem.art(artist.clearlogo) on genres?0