v18 -  n64 retroplayer core status?
noticed leia doesnt play n64 games on windows version, seems to work on linux and libreelec (using IAGL iif that matters)
Thread moved to the Retroplayer forum section.
Useful pages: Debug log (wiki) || First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
whoops sorry and thanks. also i realized my linux builds were launching n64 roms with retroarch, just using retroarch on windows for now but still couldn't find anything about the current status. if anyone has a relevant link id appreciate it
There is no OpenGL suppport yet in Retroplayer and OpenGL support is needed for a N64 core. 
Work is underway for OpenGL support but is will not be ready for the next Kodi release.
(2018-09-13, 07:46)dr88dr88 Wrote: There is no OpenGL ...  will not be ready for the next Kodi release.
 *cough* dealbreaker *cough*

guess ill just.. keep using an external emulator..... in krypton... sigh...
(2018-10-24, 08:09)Ae3nerdgod Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 07:46)dr88dr88 Wrote: There is no OpenGL ...  will not be ready for the next Kodi release.
*cough* dealbreaker *cough*

guess ill just.. keep using an external emulator..... in krypton... sigh... 
 /me thinks about all the incredible amount of work that's gone into retroplayer by hundreds of different people over the past 5 years just to get to this point and agrees that people should have worked even harder to satisfy the demands of Ae3nerdgod
+1 the dev's should have worked harder.  Cool
It's 2018.... remember Xmas 2000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqzQH_bDMT4
My assumption is that the core in question here is Mupen64... now, granted I don't know what the process is for hooking up libretro cores into RetroPlayer, but there seems to be an alternative N64 core -- ParallelN64 -- which ostensibly doesn't require OpenGL, so maybe there's a possibility that could/will be used instead.
I'm just wondering... Why is the n64 core even featured in the emulator list already when OpenGL is not yet implemented and won't for the foreseeable future?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
n64 retroplayer core status?00