[You can close/delete the thread]
Answer found.
Firstly, please don't open multiple threads on the same topic, thanks.

Secondly, can you not just ask your IPTV provider for the url of their xmltv guide ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Answer found
You'll have to scrape the listings yourself then if your provider is unable/unwilling to supply them.  There's a program called 'WebGrab+Plus'.  It takes a bit of configuring on your part to set up initially, but once it's done it can scrape all your channels and produce a 'guide.xml' file which you then import into your pvr client and Kodi will do the rest. The link to the site is http://www.webgrabplus.com/  . They have a forum if you get stuck but it's really just a lot of copy/paste to set up which channels you want scraping from which sources.  Failing that, there are sites out there that use that program to amalgamate their own xmltv guides for various regions (eg http://www.koditvepg2.com/ ), but I doubt you'll get a guide covering all your channels unless you do it yourself.
Answer found
Aye well, most IPTV stuff tends to fall into the 'decidedly dodgy' category, certainly where I am in the UK anyway.  Much better to get a tuner card or two and a proper pvr backend.  I've got a satellite dish feeding 2x TBS twin tuner sat cards and a backup freeview aerial feeding a dvb tuner (sadly only sd though) that is all managed by TVHeadend.  Result is I can pause/rewind live tv, record stuff and do all this on any of my 4 kodi instances.  They all get a fully featured guide with channel icons, show icons, full descriptions etc etc (scraped from radiotimes and updated each morning at 2.15am).  I can watch a recording on any of them, or have live TV on all of them (and still can record 2 other channels) and all with just the one backend.  No feeds go off or pause or stutter or don't work.  It's 100% reliable.  I'm already paying a licence just for owning a TV, so I figured I may as well grab all those signals floating around through the ether and pipe them all around my house.  There is NO WAY I'd go back to aerial/sat splitters and the clunky set-up I used to have to put up with.  What I've got now is 1000% better than a pile of receivers and a mess of wiring in each room.

If I want to extend, it's £35 for another rPi, plug it into the network (all my house is wired with cat5), plug it into a TV, install the TVH addon and job done.
Thanks for your help buddy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[You can close/delete the thread]0