Req Eventlog window properties
Hi,

Is there a way to access eventlog notifications outside of the eventlog window? If not, it would be a really nice addition. I'm thinking about something like the weather window properties:

Window(Eventlog).Property(notification[1-20].label)
Window(Eventlog).Property(notification[1-20].label2)
Window(Eventlog).Property(notification[1-20].icon)
Window(Eventlog).Property(notification[1-20].date)

This would be especially useful with 3rd party apps which send notifications like e.g. yatse. With that it would be possible to have a notification widget and/or show something like "You have XX new mail" or "Missed Call from XXX" indicators and much more ...
(2018-09-13, 10:51)bkury Wrote: Is there a way to access eventlog notifications outside of the eventlog window?
From the Skinning Side, the only way i could think of is, opening the EventLog Window by Alarm, maybe from Home, and set strings for the latest event via "onload".

so in Home.xml:

xml:
<onload>AlarmClock(OpenEventlogHidden,ActivateWindow(Eventlog),10000,silent,loop)</onload>

and in EventLog.xml

xml:

<onload>Skin.SetString(LabelOfEvent1,$INFO[Container(ID).ListItemAbsolute(1).Label]</onload>  <!-- Sets the neede Label as Skin.String, which could then be used in other Windows/Locations -->
<onload>Skin.SetString(LabelOfEvent2,$INFO[Container(ID).ListItemAbsolute(2).Label]</onload>  <!-- Sets the neede Label as Skin.String, which could then be used in  other Windows/Locations -->
<visible>!Window.Previous(home)</visible>  <!-- to hide the window if it was triggert by Alarm from "Home" -->

Everything here is UNTESTED -> just a Idea -> No clue if it will work. (u may also have to spellckeck the aboth code as i wrot it without crosschecking)
Thanks for your suggestion!

I thought about this option too but that would cause some issues when you are browsing the homemenu/widgets and suddenly the alarm kicks in it would disrupt what you are currently doing. I'm going to experiment with this method a little bit more but a clean solution like window properties would be much better ...

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
If anyone is interested, I've found a solution (sort of):

There's already a dynamic list for events available via "<content>events://</content>", so we just need to load up a container with that content and then we can use "String.Contains(Container(XXX).ListItemAbsolute(X).Label,string)" to go through all events ...

Now the next problem:
It seems like GUI / 3rd party notifications don't get added to the eventlog, is that a bug or intended? I really hope it's a bug because otherwise the eventlog would be pointless for GUI/skinning ....

Thanks!
(2018-09-27, 03:48)bkury Wrote: There's already a dynamic list for events available via "<content>events://</content>", so we just need to load up a container with that content

Thanks for sharing.

If "SendClick" would work as expected ("SendClick(eventlog,id)"), i even wouldnt have to open the eventlog Window at all.

EDIT: plus it looks like the path needs a "ReloadSkin()" to update /EDIT

how eva, nice addition, did make use of it in my Settings Window: https://imgur.com/a/yf5JPji

---
(Cant help u with ur question on 3rd party notifications, sry.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eventlog window properties0