v18 Sync playback to display broken?
18-git versions Sync playback to display seems to be broken, since maybe couple weeks. Tried with different kernel, mesa and ffmpeg versions as i updated those since problem occured, but didn't find any of those helping. Video is choppy, skipping frames often, almost like watching 23.976fps video at 25Hz (but skipping is not as regular).

Video is smooth without Sync playback to display option though.
Works perfectly fine here. Nobody can help you though without a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://pastebin.com/jjDf81GR
Code:
19:42:08.921 T:140132678092544   DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 30.000 hertz

This boxes (Asrock Beebox-S Kaby Lake) setup is bit odd, HDMI output is connected to AV-receiver and DisplayPort with HDMI 2.0 converter is connected to tv. Audio goes from native HDMI and picture from DP/HDMI output, Kodi seems to detect rate from wrong audio only output. (There is other small bug related to this, DP screen does not wake after switching TV to this DP/HDMI input, it worked with Kodi 17.)
I see you playing one movie with 23.976 fps and as you have adjust refreshrate enabled kodi switches.
DEBUG: CVideoReferenceClock: Detected refreshrate: 23.976 hertz

the 30 is before the switch
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Stopped reading too early.. Nothing obvious in the log?

I have used this setting since Panasonic plasma and XBMC, suppose i don't need it anymore because LG OLED can do most refresh rates and can't see any skipping?
Don't know if it's the same issue but since I switched to v18 and using switch refresh rate option I have random choppy playback. Have to stop/restart video several time to get correct playback. As a workaround I found that enabling sync playback to display fix the issue.
(2018-09-15, 18:50)mac1202 Wrote: Don't know if it's the same issue but since I switched to v18
Are the proper resolutions enabled in the white list display option? If so, provide a debug log (wiki).
yes proper refresh rate enabled in white list. but time to time video was playing like at 10fps. I have to stop/restart it several time until it play smooth. But since I have also enabled the sync playback to display this issue is gone.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync playback to display broken?0