3D playback with Nvidia Shield TV on projector not working
Hi

I’m trying to run a 3D SBS mkv file with my Nvidia Shield box through Kodi on my JVC RS520 projector, but I only get to see a split screen with side by side images of the movie. I have named the file according to the naming convention movie name(year).3D.SBS.mkv but to no avail. I’ve gone through several posts on this matter, but I have no idea what the issue is.

My settings are as follows:
  • Steroscopic 3D mode to disable (I also tried to enable it, but with same results)
  • In video settings -> acceleration. I disabled both "media codec (surface)" and media codec.
  • When I play back the movie, I choose the 3D mode "same as movie", but I've also tried side by side
Roland
I've gone through some more Kodi posts and I found out that I have to limit the Shield box to 1080p only instead of 4K (2160x3160) for the projector to recognize this as a 3D SBS input signal. It seemed to work as the image is now merged together in the correct 3D state however I wished there was some easier way/setting to limit 3D material automatically to 1080p so that my projector automatically recognizes this. My guess is that there are currently still quite a lot of TVs and projectors that only recognize certain video input signals from Shield or other devices like 1080p/24fps for SBS and other 3D formats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D playback with Nvidia Shield TV on projector not working0