Kodi18 with Mysql,No data writes to table "streamdetails"?
finally,kodi 18.2rc fixed this issue,thanks developers
Except for Aspect Ratio media flags. They show when you import, after play they disappear.
(2019-05-01, 14:19)Radar Wrote: Except for Aspect Ratio media flags. They show when you import, after play they disappear.

When you play a video, video details are compared. If there are differences, the video file's details will write over the data in the streamdetails table.
I take it you mean the fVideoAspect field in the streamdetails database table? Is it filled but there is no media flag for it? Or is the field not filled at all for a particular video?
If you not use Estuary as your skin, contact your skin's developer(s) for confirmation.
Hi,

I recently migrate kodi's db to mysql 2 weeks ago.
I never take care about files information but recently i dev a web personal application for list my media library.
I see at this moment, that new movies doesn"t have media information (resolution, audio etc..). streamdetails is not updated (in this case it's always using automatic update library).
But if i update manually the movie (context menu - information - update) fileinfo appear in kodi (streamdetails is update).

My question : is it normal that the "automatic" and full library update not retrieve media information like resolution audio ect... but works using manual  update for individual movie ?

I precise that i have 2 kodi, in 2 different OS (Librelec and Windows 7) => Same "issue"

Is there an option or a trick (plugin or whatelse) to update media information automatically for all new movies avoiding manual update for each new movie ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english.

Thanks for your help.
in the case that's a normal behaviour, is it possible adding a option to choose update this informations in the auto all library update (in the case it takes more time, users can choos to activate this option or not - disable by default) ?
it's just a suggestion.

Thks again
(2019-05-01, 14:19)Radar Wrote: Except for Aspect Ratio media flags. They show when you import, after play they disappear.

Yes,Except for Aspect Ratio media flags.
(2019-05-01, 14:32)Klojum Wrote:

When you play a video, video details are compared. If there are differences, the video file's details will write over the data in the streamdetails table.
I take it you mean the fVideoAspect field in the streamdetails database table? Is it filled but there is no media flag for it? Or is the field not filled at all for a particular video?
If you not use Estuary as your skin, contact your skin's developer(s) for confirmation.

Thanks for the reply Klojum. To be honest I never tried the Estuary, I always use the Aeon Nox skin. I'll try that and get back to you and I'll also have a closer look at the database under fVideoAspect to see if this populates. At first glance inside Kodi it visibly sees the aspect, but just like the other flags never showing before 18.2, this one was missed in the fix at a guess.
So I looked at the database, in a text reader it has fVideoAspect as float. iVideoWidth however is integer (as expected).

In an sql viewer, streamdetails read 1.777778 for the fVideoAspect (on the same line as video width and height) but yet it WILL display the aspect media icon when you do an info while playing the movie. Press stop and that media icon doesn't stay (if it was imported).

Estuary does not display aspect ratio media flags, so it can't be tested on that skin. Under the Skins aspectratio folder, it has the media flag icon named 1.66, 1.78 & 1.85 etc, rename 1.78 to 1.777778 doesn't display the icon.

I don't believe this is a skin problem (although it can only be tested on an add-on skin) as the icon is displayed if the aspect info is in the NFO to start with. The fix for making the media flags display after being played now works, so maybe this is somewhere to look also. I'll test on other skins as soon as I can or if others can report here if their skin also removes this info after play back that would assist greatly.
I just had another look in my MySQL database, and the problem is likely not indows related but more a generic problem. I added and played a new video file on more than one Linux machine, and still the fVideoAspect field is still at the default '0' value.

I think it's time for you to enter a full bug report on Kodi's bug tracker. Smile
What happened? seems the bug back again. after playback , show nothing.
Seems this bug/issue only effected  kodi use ftp or ftps connect to mediasources. hope it will be fixed soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi18 with Mysql,No data writes to table "streamdetails"?0