v17 Insanely slow on startup
Hi all,
I've been using kodi for a while now and never had any problems I couldn't work around with a little common sense, but this has me beat.

In the last build I made, I noticed a really significant slow down on running add-ons when I first load kodi.
For example, I would load up my laptop, open kodi and run a video add-on. There will be at least 5 minutes of the "please wait" loader spinning before I get to the add-on. This isn't only on video add-ons, I find the same problem if I try to open cache clean etc.
(Initially I thought that maybe I had cache cleaner on auto clean at startup, which was eating up memory, but I disabled it and I still have the same issue)
After this initial 5ish minutes though, all other add-ons work just fine. Straight away. Then once I shut down kodi, and 're open, the cycle starts again.
This is the same on my fire stick and on all over devices that I have done for family etc.
I'm using krypton 17.6 and arctic zephyr skin. If that could be the problem?
Other than that i am flummoxed.

Has anyone else noticed something similar, or have an idea what I can do to minimise this load time.
Thanks
Matman
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks man
As soon as I get home I will run it off.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Insanely slow on startup0