Req please rework the video OSD
I am sorry to say this but I think the video OSD is a disgrace for the skin. Which I love for multiple reasons.
It finally was the video playback OSD that drew me away from Grid back to my old skin.
It seems that the author disregards all of his philosophy that makes the skin so great. Clarity, focus and functionality. The Osd has none of this.

-First the most disappointing decision, the placement: what's the reason to blob it in the middle of the screen. It is always on top of the video where it can nothing but annoy. FF and the thing is in your way. And so on...
- the recangular shape. Why? Using left and right button for navigation is always easier than using left right up and down. It adds complexity for no reason. I see that it follows the concept of less graphics more text, and it is in line with all the other menus. But here it fails. Not a big thing but it goes together with 1)
- the settings elements order: subtitles, 3d, bookmarks, video, audio, info. I don't know why this sort order has to be like this, it looks just random to me and has no thought in it.
- the subwindows: if you open one of the audio or video settings a subdialog opens. Those windows are huge. You have to fly around in empty space and information gets lost. It is also inconsistent with the rest of the options where subdialogs have the same size within the main window.
-the functionality: probably this are all just bugs: you cannot choose from different subtitles. Irritating: if you open the subtiles settings, you still have the 3D button at the bottom of the list. No color adjustment button (CMS). If the 'Menu' button for Bluray menus is integrated the text list gets expanded but the background color not.

Propably most of the things mentioned above are personal preferences and some people might like it how it is. But I believe that it can be done better and that's why I would like to encourage the author to put some thought into it and maybe consider one or two adjustments. Most preferably to put the OSD in a bar on the top or the bottom of the screen, where it belongs.

Great solutions in my eyes are the ones from the Nebula skin or the more or less standard from Rapier. Also fuse(neue) is good.

I don't know but I have the feeling that the skin is maybe not maintained anymore. Not much feedback from the author lately. Not a lot of conversation.
I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to come back to the skin because I love it.
Hey,

I completely agree. I also don’t like the osd, but I love the rest of the skin. So I decided to use it on my productive system in my living room.

@Jeroen Please consider to change the osd to a top or bottom bar. That would be really fantastic.

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
+1
+1
+1 here
Not sure what happens with the playback screen, the skin is exceptional but its lost there, aside from the main OSD problems, there's also the playing bar that is HUGE and looks like something unskinned from version 0.
I vote for top, some people that use kodi have to read subtitles! Tia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
please rework the video OSD0