cleanonupdate
In advancedsettings.xml under <videolibrary> there exists a setting <cleanonupdate> but no such function seems to exist for the musiclibrary. I would find it useful.
Moved to Feature Requests.
I would say it exists already:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/d63b67...s.cpp#L270

Might be, it's simply not documented neither in the wiki nor at the Kodi documentation.

Documenting that is on my "to-do"-list
(2018-09-15, 12:58)DaVu Wrote: I would say it exists already:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/d63b67...s.cpp#L270

Might be, it's simply not documented neither in the wiki nor at the Kodi documentation.

Documenting that is on my "to-do"-list
I don't think it works. I have the setting in my advancedsettings.xml for both the video library, and the music library. Have done since Isengard, I think. A clean is performed upon start-up scan completion for the video library, but there is no such dialog for the music library. At the end of scanning, the music library dialog simply disappears.
@gibxxi

It works for me on v18. Of course, if there is nothing to remove, then there is nothing to be done, so it can seem like it is not working.

Test it by actually removing an album from your Source. Some screenshots with feedback...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good point. That maybe what it is. It used to run, whatever happened. Another way to be sure, is to temporarily disable start-up video library scanning and test, since the flip-flop back and forth can confuse the issue somewhat.
Not a Feature Request. Moved to Music.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-09-15, 11:34)HeresJohnny Wrote: In advancedsettings.xml under <videolibrary> there exists a setting <cleanonupdate> but no such function seems to exist for the musiclibrary. I would find it useful.
Yep, <cleanonupdate> already exists as a <musiclibrary> setting in advancedsettings.xml
Just to be clear on what it does...

Library update always cleans up orphaned artists,  albums and genres etc., so if music files are changed such that one of these is no longer used then it is removed. But the library update process allows for media to be on removeable sources, hence if when checking for changes to existing library items it can not find a folder it simply skips scanning that folder rather than remove all the songs beneath that folder from the library.  This means that just deleting music files and folders and doing a library update does not remove anything from the library, however is also means that having a removeable source unplugged or otherwise unavailable library update does not result in emptying the library in one go!

Setting <cleanonupdate> means that during library update the contents of any folders that can not be found are removed from the library. It means that deleted music files are removed from the library, but beware that library update will empty your library if it can not access a source.

Of course the other way to clean up a library after deleting music files and folders is to use the approriate Clean Library facility from Settings > Media under Music Library section (take care to scroll down the page to see this, users commonly click the video library clean by mistake). Personally I prefer this approach, but I guess it all depends how much you delete music folders

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cleanonupdate0