RSS Feed being cut off at 200 characters
I have an RSS Feed developed for Kodi.
When it plays it gets cut off at about 200 characters.
Here is the code I'm using:

<rss version="2.0">
 <channel>
  <title></title>

<item>
   <title>This is a test RSS Feed to see if our friends can Avoid Service Interruption</title>
  </item>

<item>
   <title>Using Standard Kodi RSS feed co-->{THE FEED STOPS HERE}<---de.</title>
  </item>

<item>
   <title>This is an attempt to make the RSS feed longeer than 200 characters. </title>
  </item>

</channel>
</rss>

The feed stops at the area I indicated in the code.
Then it restarts at the beginning.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I just wanted to second that I've started seeing this issue as well.  I upgraded to Kodi 17.6 a few months back, and had 3 RSS feeds already in play before the upgrade.  I don't use the default skin for 17.6, I use the latest Confluence one instead, fwiw.  After upgrading I don't recall seeing any problems with my RSS feeds that scroll at the bottom of the Confluence skin, they were all fine.  But about a month ago it started cutting the feed scroller off right around the 200 character mark, just like yours.  It basically shows about 2 and a half headlines and then just goes blank, and then starts that same feed over again.

I thought it was maybe a weird character in the feed source at first, but it happens over and over, for any combination of feeds, at basically the same spot.  I've checked the feed source too, and there don't seem to be any rogue characters, nothing out of the ordinary.  Hopefully a Kodi dev or someone else can shed some light on this.  I don't know if an RSS feed plugin got updated over the last month or something??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS Feed being cut off at 200 characters0