how to install setuptools in libreelec
Hi guys,

I need to let import requests module to work in my kodi, and I need to install it but every time I tried it gives me:

[Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/test-easy-install-807.write-test'

How to solve it?

Thanks for all
Don't start double/crossposting your post.... Have a little patience.
yes sorry for that but because I thought I put it in wrong thread classification that's why I re-post it in Linux thread.
If you're writing an addon that needs to import requests then including that in the addon.xml will automatically import it into the right place on libreelec for Kodi to find.  However, one of my addons was using requests and suddenly started to not be able to import it (no real clue as to why) so I re-wrote everything using urllib and urllib2 and dropped the dependency on requests.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle 

You mean I have to add this in my addon.xml file:

<import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.12.4"/> ?

There is no way yo install import requests in general python in kodi?

Many thanks
(2018-09-20, 21:37)Spiderfish Wrote: @black_eagle 

You mean I have to add this in my addon.xml file:

<import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.12.4"/> ?

There is no way yo install import requests in general python in kodi?

Many thanks
 Yes, that's right.

To elaborate, most of libreelec is mounted as 'read only' and as such, it's not simple or even really desirable, to try and add to the system.  That's why its giving you a 'read-only file system' error.  I imagine that it would be possible to remount it as r/w and install requests that way, but then it would only work for you and you'd have to re-install if you ever updated libreelec.

Making it a dependency ensures that the library is available for anyone that installs your addon, regardless of their underlying OS and that system upgrades won't break it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle 

Thank you for logical explanation...and now it works with me thanks! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to install setuptools in libreelec0