How to auto-refresh all plot, images and all media info periodically?
Hi to all.

I've a good question to all guru and more expert kodi user. I searched a solution for that but I found nothing, maybe a "bad" search, maybe is not possible or maybe is useless!

So, actually I've one android tv player (mibox3) and movies/tv show on nas over the lan. All works but I'm wondering if exist a way to auto refresh "not update" all the info of a media file after some times!

Why? Because sometimes I notice that the plot are still in English, because when the movie or tv show was added only the english language was available but now there's a local language version, like the covers or others, so ... the best would be to have a way force a refresh o the multimedia files

Exist a way to make this happens?

Actually I store all info inside kodi on player, I don't know if maybe using a nfo local file can help to achieve this strange request.

Any idea? J
You're looking for a re-scrape (that's to pick-up new meta-data) of the source. You can either remove source and re-add Adding video sources (wiki) or change the scraper, and rescan. when prompted. Practically, it might be better just to dump the exisiting, and re-install Kodi from scratch if you don't have a lot of time invested in the configuration.
Thank you for your reply.

You suggest to re-scrape all every time I notice that the plots are different, is a long way to do that, surely works but I can't do it every time I notice this happens is too much TV show.

In this case is not the best solution, even if for now is the only one.

What about a local scraper?

I mean, what if I put all information inside the .nfo files and then use kodi to collect info from the local .nfo?
In this way kodi will always read the .nfo on each startup or read it once and forget even if they change?

I don't know if I explained myself.
(2018-09-20, 23:43)Jorman Wrote: if exist a way to auto refresh "not update"
I don't really understand the distinction you are making. What is the difference between auto refresh and update?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, for the update process let assume we have one file
1.avi and kodi scrape (locally or online) the info about this file

if a second file was added
2.avi kodi scape only the new file, not the old one and save info only for this 2.avi file

Instead, during a refresh, kodi scan again all files, in this case 1.avi and 2.avi
An Update will add new titles not in the library.

A Refresh acts on titles already in the library.

Sounds like you are after the Refresh option. See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...al_Refresh

(2018-09-20, 23:43)Jorman Wrote: if exist a way to auto refresh "not update" all the info of a media file after some times!
As far as I am aware, there is no automatic way to schedule a periodic automatic Refresh of library items.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yep, mee too!

I searched a bit but I don't have found a way to do that! Even by cli on single show

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to auto-refresh all plot, images and all media info periodically?0