Interface corruption on AMD APU
Hello!

When I connect my PC to a TV (Sony Bravia) through HDMI everything works, except Kodi. The interface is distorted and pixelated, and this extends to movie playback. See pictures. However as soon as I open the start menu or something else, Kodi in the background looks ok. Switching back to Kodi doesn't help.
I tried switching to software rendering and disabling DXVA, tried some driver settings, nothing helped. Strangely enough, if I connect through VNC the picture normalizes and stays so, when I disconnect.
I'm at a bit of a los on what to do now, so I hope somebody has some ideas.

I'm using latest stable Kodi 17 on Windows 10 (with all updates), AMD Ryzen 2400G APU (with latest drivers).
The graphics card works otherwise perfectly, I tested it extensively and also played some games on it.

What I see on my TV:

And this is with a window in front:

Thanks!
Stable Kodi 17 was never optimized for the not-yet-existing AMD G2200. Kodi 17 is also 'EOL' and will be get no more updates.
Try Kodi 18 Beta 2 (in portable mode) and see what the results are.

BTW, you can use the PrtScn button on your keyboard for creating optimal screenshots, instead of the VVS pics. Wink
Thank you for your answer!

I just tried the latest nightly build, no difference...

And print screen doesn't show the pixelation... It looks like kind of an overlay.
And the debug log, before you ask Wink:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ZJv8jR8wKb/
(2018-09-21, 13:49)otonvm Wrote: And print screen doesn't show the pixelation... It looks like kind of an overlay.
Hmpf... That should get the devs up from their seats.
So the solution is running Kodi as window or as real fullscreen.
Otherwise I guess it's a bug with new hardware.
(2018-09-21, 14:16)otonvm Wrote: So the solution is running Kodi as window or as real fullscreen.
Otherwise I guess it's a bug with new hardware.
And the same 'solution' works in Kodi 17?
Yes. I just had to get back to 17 because 18 crashes when inserting a DVD  Undecided...

But that's a problem for another day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interface corruption on AMD APU0