• 1(current)
Mod PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)
Last autumn I upgraded to Kodi 18 (Leia) which is what I use as my primary software for watching and recording Live Tv on a daily basis. Around the same time, I began creating a mod of the default Estuary skin specifically targeting the PVR section, basically to suit my own personal preference and taste.

Main Objectives:-
  • Layout changes
  • Add artwork for PVR section 
  • Coloured Media Flags
  • Make some OSD changes
  • Improvements to the 'KNSwitchtimer' addon (Tv Reminders) and the 'TV Highlights' (Daily TV Recommendations) addon (thanks to Birger Jesch)
  • Keep things simple to use

Nothing to download yet, as I need port these changes over to the Github. Since I don't even have an account currently, I will need time to familiarize myself on what to do. Any practical advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated.
Huge thanks to Guilouz, Angelinas and _BJ1 for the help and advice. 

Anyway, here are some screen shots of the current progress:-
Main EPG Screen
ImageImage
TV Channel Views (Big List) and (Now/Next)
ImageImage
OSD (Regular view and with Plot button enabled.)
ImageImage
OSD with Timeshift enabled and PVR Info Screen
ImageImage
TV Reminders and TV Highlights of the Day
ImageImage

Full Album Gallery Here

Some features might end up getting removed, whilst new ones might be added. I'll continue to update my progress on this thread. Once I've opened an account at the Github and worked out exactly what I need to do there, I will post a link here.
Cheers
Forgot to add New layouts for TV Recordings and Timers.....

looks great, My main use is the PVR also. Cant wait to try it out.
RPi3+ LE v9.0 (+ HDHomeRun ATSC tuner, Tvh, Comskip, zap2epg)

A95X LE v8.2 (kszaq)
@Dumyat : Wow, looks very nice. Would also like to test it when its out Smile
(2018-10-23, 16:55)cabbresson Wrote: looks great, My main use is the PVR also. Cant wait to try it out.
Thanks. Yeah, Kodi's PVR system has been a firm fixture in my household for a few years now Smile
(2018-10-23, 17:20)sonic Wrote: @Dumyat : Wow, looks very nice. Would also like to test it when its out Smile
Thank. Hopefully not too long, depending how quickly I get to grips with using the github of course.
OMG!!!! Wow!!Laugh

Can't wait to test drive this! I love the Guide and reminders!

*sits patiently at PC* Confused
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2018-10-24, 02:01)tjay260476 Wrote: OMG!!!! Wow!!Laugh

Can't wait to test drive this! I love the Guide and reminders!

*sits patiently at PC* Confused
Cheers. Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah, the guide screen was the first thing I did. Quite a similar layout to a previous mod I had created for Aeon Madnox. I actually added my PVR and VOD buttons before the channel group top bar was added to the default Estuary skin. But I also have a working version like the default skin, with the Channel Groups as the top bar:-

Some people had wanted a larger font on the guide a while back, which I personally didn't like, but could understand the reasoning. With that in mind, I added a slight zoom effect on the focused guide item as you can see above.

TV Reminders is a certainly a big improvement and the developer of the addon was very supportive when asked if he could make some changes. So now if you are watching a movie, playing music or streaming something from Netflix for instance, if you have previously set a TV reminder you will get a pop-up appear telling you your programme is about to start. It will give you the option to switch immediately or record that item, if you want to continue watching or listening to whatever you playing currently.
The PVRChannelsOSD Dialog is a feature I tend to use fairly frequently, so wanted to give the layout a bit of face lift as well.....
Estuary Default Skin
New Layout

I had wanted to create something similar to the below mini epg example for the DialogPVRChannelGuide, but it would seem that creating an epg grid for this screen is not actually possible (Unless anybody has some advice on how I might achieve this)
Awsome work! Skin looks great and would be perfect for me because my main Kodi usage is pvr. I hope you will find a way to get the mini epg like i had in windows media center.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Wow great work ! I have been waiting for the exactly this mini timeline epg view for years.
@Dumyat have you thought about upstreaming (some) of your changes, making them part of stock Estuary? PRs are very welcome.
Nod
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-10-27, 10:41)tehax Wrote: Awsome work! Skin looks great and would be perfect for me because my main Kodi usage is pvr. I hope you will find a way to get the mini epg like i had in windows media center.
Thanks for the kind words.
I've tried a number of times at creating a mini epg for this dialog using different approaches. It would seem the control ID only collects the guide data for the current channel playing. On that basis, it's not possible to create a mini-epg for all the channels as far I can see. I tried using the same ID's to the Tv Guide window too see if they could be used, but that returns a blank screen and no data.

Ps....I was also a huge fan of WMC. That was the software that first started my love affair with Media Centres and HTPC's back in 2003  Smile
(2018-10-27, 14:50)ksooo Wrote: @Dumyat have you thought about upstreaming (some) of your changes, making them part of stock Estuary? PRs are very welcome.
 Hi @ksooo  
In the short term, my main issue currently is having no experience of using the github or really knowing what to do there. I plan to create an account early next week and  taking plenty of guidance from YouTube to establish a better understanding. Once I find my feet there properly, I have no problem with submitting PRs. Any practical advice for getting started would be very welcome.

However, many of my layout changes do include artwork and info labels that are powered by the Skin Helper Script, which I think may be a problem for PRs being accepted? Yeah, sometimes I wish there was a better way to fetch artwork for the PVR items, but at the same time the SHS does offer a 'One hat fits all' kind of scenario across the various PVR Clients in Kodi. The only risk to this particular project of course is if the SHS artwork was to suddenly stop working.

Why so much artwork? Well, I quite often like to look at what other platforms are doing and certainly Plex, HD Homerun and Xbox all offer some form of PVR artwork, so I wanted to follow suit, as I think it does add a little extra value to overall user experience.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)3