• 2(current)
Mod PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2018-10-27, 14:38)Jönke Wrote: Wow great work ! I have been waiting for the exactly this mini timeline epg view for years.
Thank-you.
(2018-10-28, 01:06)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 14:50)ksooo Wrote: @Dumyat have you thought about upstreaming (some) of your changes, making them part of stock Estuary? PRs are very welcome.
 Hi @ksooo  
In the short term, my main issue currently is having no experience of using the github or really knowing what to do there. I plan to create an account early next week and  taking plenty of guidance from YouTube to establish a better understanding. Once I find my feet there properly, I have no problem with submitting PRs. Any practical advice for getting started would be very welcome.

However, many of my layout changes do include artwork and info labels that are powered by the Skin Helper Script, which I think may be a problem for PRs being accepted? Yeah, sometimes I wish there was a better way to fetch artwork for the PVR items, but at the same time the SHS does offer a 'One hat fits all' kind of scenario across the various PVR Clients in Kodi. The only risk to this particular project of course is if the SHS artwork was to suddenly stop working.

Why so much artwork? Well, I quite often like to look at what other platforms are doing and certainly Plex, HD Homerun and Xbox all offer some form of PVR artwork, so I wanted to follow suit, as I think it does add a little extra value to overall user experience.

Feel free to ask (PM) if you have questions re github/git. I'm happy to help if I can.

Re skinhelper, yes that won't work for stock Estuary because we don't want non optional dependencies to other add-ons there. Stock estuary shall stay lightweight. But all kind of changes not requiring other add-ons should be generally fine.
https://ibb.co/gVgTqq
This view is really nice and i would like to see it in stock skin with channellogo on left instead of movie art.
@ksooo your thoughts of this get accepted?
(2018-10-28, 09:30)Jönke Wrote: Image
This view is really nice and i would like to see it in stock skin with channellogo on left instead of movie art.

broken image link
https://ibb.co/gVgTqq
(2018-10-28, 09:11)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 14:50)ksooo Wrote: @Dumyat have you thought about upstreaming (some) of your changes, making them part of stock Estuary? PRs are very welcome.
 Hi @ksooo  
In the short term, my main issue currently is having no experience of using the github or really knowing what to do there. I plan to create an account early next week and  taking plenty of guidance from YouTube to establish a better understanding. Once I find my feet there properly, I have no problem with submitting PRs. Any practical advice for getting started would be very welcome.

However, many of my layout changes do include artwork and info labels that are powered by the Skin Helper Script, which I think may be a problem for PRs being accepted? Yeah, sometimes I wish there was a better way to fetch artwork for the PVR items, but at the same time the SHS does offer a 'One hat fits all' kind of scenario across the various PVR Clients in Kodi. The only risk to this particular project of course is if the SHS artwork was to suddenly stop working.

Why so much artwork? Well, I quite often like to look at what other platforms are doing and certainly Plex, HD Homerun and Xbox all offer some form of PVR artwork, so I wanted to follow suit, as I think it does add a little extra value to overall user experience. 

Feel free to ask (PM) if you have questions re github/git. I'm happy to help if I can.

Re skinhelper, yes that won't work for stock Estuary because we don't want non optional dependencies to other add-ons there. Stock estuary shall stay lightweight. But all kind of changes not requiring other add-ons should be generally fine. 
Right, SHS should not be used for stock Estuary. But please do not understand me wrong, isn't time for a replace function for that?  I mean when i look to the music section with its order to get images could be a good basis for example (seen from sight of an user)
Beside the cover artwork all other layout and graghical images could be imho adopted. Can you support to implement the idea of a mini timeline?
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-10-28, 11:39)tehax Wrote:
(2018-10-28, 01:06)Dumyat Wrote:  Hi @ksooo  

Right, SHS should not be used for stock Estuary. But please do not understand me wrong, isn't time for a replace function for that?  I mean when i look to the music section with its order to get images could be a good basis for example (seen from sight of an user)
Beside the cover artwork all other layout and graghical images could be imho adopted. Can you support to implement the idea of a mini timeline?

May be it is time, but somebody with the right skills has to step up and to do the work. As long as this does not happen,... you get what I mean, right?

EDIT: Re EPG mini timeline, I'm happy to review a respective PR or to answer questions, even to fix and add stuff needed for this in pvr core. But I don't have enough time and skinning skills to do this all by myself.
Yes, i know what you mean. To be more concrete i wondering why are in Kodi/media/music are settings for library scraper but not for videos, pvr or movies. Native scraper handling for pvr/movie/video artwork with selectable scraper in kodi media settings could be a feature for v19. Then SHS will not needed anymore.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-10-28, 13:42)tehax Wrote: Yes, i know what you mean. To be more concrete i wondering why are in Kodi/media/music are settings for library scraper but not for videos
, pvr or movies. Native scraper handling for pvr/movie/video artwork with selectable scraper in kodi media settings could be a feature for v19. Then SHS will not needed anymore.

very valid points. But you can stop asking "why is something not in Kodi" questions, because the answer is always the same: Because nobody has done this yet. We are all volunteers and don't have any obligations. :-)
(2018-10-27, 14:50)ksooo Wrote:  

Thankyou. If I find I get stuck on something, I may well do.
Re: The Mini-Epg Timeline. If the changes are made to Kodi core, then I'm happy to have a stab at skinning this.
(2018-10-28, 09:30)Jönke Wrote: https://ibb.co/gVgTqq
@Jönke
How's this for an initial draft?

Super nice! When can i start channel surfing with your skin? 😃😃😃
List views seem to be most common for Kodi's TV Channel Screen. I've also seen wall/icon views for this screen as well, but can't ever remember seeing a Shift view being done, so wanted to give it a try:-

(2018-10-28, 14:02)Dumyat Wrote:

Thankyou. If I find I get stuck on something, I may well do.
Re: The Mini-Epg Timeline. If the changes are made to Kodi core, then I'm happy to have a stab at skinning this.

I have no idea whether there is something missing in the core for the mini EPG. You gonna tell me. ;-)
(2018-10-28, 14:44)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-10-28, 14:02)Dumyat Wrote:

I have no idea whether there is something missing in the core for the mini EPG. You gonna tell me. ;-)   
Hehe, I wish I knew myself. Smile Done a fair amount of head scratching I must admit.  Confused I saw a very old post months ago from somebody who had got it working, but I can't find that post anywhere now.....
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)3