• 4(current)
Mod PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)
(2018-10-29, 14:38)piotrasd Wrote: maybe like this channel list look Tongue
Yeah, I saw this recently and quite liked it. The only problem is the availability of clearart. You will end up with a lot of blank items, because no artwork exists. That's the main reason I went for poster art on these screens, as they seem to be more widely supported.
(2018-10-29, 16:17)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2018-10-28, 21:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-10-28, 14:02)Dumyat Wrote:  
This was merged into Bignoid's Aeon Nox see https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/pull/679 and there's certainly still a reference to EpgTimelineMinified in current Master https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...s.xml#L350    
Ok, so I just installed Aeon-Nox to see how this view actually works and is configured. Now have a much clearer understanding of how BigNoid skinned this feature.
Thanks
(2018-10-29, 16:54)Solo0815 Wrote: Here is the code for Mini-EPG: https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox...V.xml#L853
BTW: I added a button in my PVR-Mod to have Mini-EPG when Player.HasVideo and the Full-EPG otherwise.
Thanks. I'll take a look  Smile
Maybe an option to show clearart first otherwise show poster will help or something like that.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Cool , hope you deside to go for full timeline epg with no live tv running and mini timeline when watching tv . Both windows with keymaps of course Smile
Some progress made, but still very much WIP...… 

(2018-11-01, 23:27)Dumyat Wrote: Some progress made, but still very much WIP...… 

Looks very clean, like it alot Smile. Great work!
Looks good but description on the right side looks better.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2018-11-02, 09:25)tehax Wrote: Looks good but description on the right side looks better.
 Tend to agree but I'm aware that that might not be 'do-able' due to the way the mini-guide scrolls to the right.  Whichever way, it's a major improvement on stock Estuary and lets face it, most people skin for movies or music.  PVR tends to be an afterthought which is a shame because as people have shown in the past, it's totally possible to have a good looking 'set-top box' style guide and channel list.  Think @Dumyat is doing a great job here and can't wait to get my hands on this mod.  Even the early versions look awesome in the screenshots.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle
Again, thanks for the kind words.
Moving the guide description to the right side is certainly possible. I'll see what I can do. This draft is based on what I had seen on the original request and both of the current 'Nox' skins.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Skinning of the PVR section does sometimes feel like a bit of an after thought. I don't think it's intentional, but more likely to the fact that a lot skinners don't seem to use Kodi for watching Live Tv, so why spend a lot of time skinning something that you won't actually use or can easily test. Most skinners will base their skin ideas on personal preference and usage in the first instance. Everything else is secondary. For me, watching Live TV remains my primary use of Kodi, so it made perfect sense to focus most of my attention on this area specifically.

And whilst progress has always been steady since I started this project, I still get stuck fairly frequently on occasion trying solve particular issues I've encountered. This is down to my own limitations and lack of knowledge when it comes to skinning. Sometimes things will just stall completely for a while, until that 'Light Bulb' moment occurs.... Wink
During one of those many moments where things stalled on the PVR side, this little feature got added to the OSD while playing or streaming media.
Basically, since I'm now using both Netflix and Amazon more and more these days, in addition to my own local media library, I thought it be quite nice to somehow show the source of currently playing media on the OSD:-

ImageImage

ImageImage

Works great....  Smile
As PVR and Netflix and Prime are most used here, this is so going to be used!

So hope you can get GitHub sorted soon, so that we can all test drive your skin!
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I couldn't agree more , I have a decent sized "library" of movies and shows  but seem to spend all my time watching sport via PVR.
Am looking forward to the release of your "mod " , my own basic pvr set up pales into insignificance along side yours.Image
Following this for a few days now.
Just wondered, is it a standalone skin mod or would it be usuble in other estuary mods such as etmstuary mod v2?

I'm using that s my main skin, is it just a case od replacing files in the skin to get it to look like this or is it just a new version of the skin (Hope that makes sense)
(2018-11-03, 22:05)ontap Wrote: I couldn't agree more , I have a decent sized "library" of movies and shows  but seem to spend all my time watching sport via PVR.
Am looking forward to the release of your "mod " , my own basic pvr set up pales into insignificance along side yours.Image
Trust me, I've done fair amount of head scratching at times, trying to get things to work as I wanted. A couple of the skinners have also been very supportive in answering some of my queries along the way, which was a huge help.
Nothing wrong with basic. That's what got me started initially and my first PVR Mod for Aeon Madnox looked quite similar to your Mod....
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Mod for Estuary - Kodi 18 (Leia)3