v18 Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist
(2018-10-05, 15:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Guys thanks for trying to trace the cause of the issue. The problems do indeed start from PR13301, but I think there are other later changes that have effects too.

Beta3 still has problems, I was unable to come up with a fix in the time available, but it does have some changes that will effect this mixed playlist regression (PR14478 - a fix for game launch bug, that solves a bigger issue!). I think this does improve things, but is not the whole cure.

It is not so much about viz failing (that is a side effect), but that the natural flow though the playlist, as opposed to skipping with next/prev, is not working on mixed playlists. I think the player swapping and clean up is getting things wrong now that it happens asynchronously, so timing could also play a part (and makes locating the issue harder). Sometimes the video player is left to play audio, which it can do but you don't get a viz. Othertimes things don't play at all because they get stopped before they start.

I hope some other team members will advise how the new asynchoronous application control of the player design was intended to work, because just following the code in debug what I see makes no sense to me.
Agreed, I see issues with videoplayer playing things I think PAPlayer should be playing ( as they are audio only).  Perhaps @fritsch and @FernetMenta will be able to shed some light on this, being the foremost audio and video devs (yeah, I am creeping here lol ).

Irrespective, due to testing some other stuff, I now have a clean install from master with no video or music database sources. I've got music-videos and straight audio only (in multiple formats) available so can test pretty much any scenario should you need it.  Debug logs always available Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist - by black_eagle - 2018-10-05, 18:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library fetching at load and no visualizations during a mixed playlist0