RetroPlayer Nvidia Shield controller support
Should be fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14658
I do not think this issue is fixed for the Shield.
Can you tell me how many devices show up in the peripherals dialog in input settings? I think Android is reporting a virtual controller for player one. if you upload a debug log or screen shot I'll know for sure.
I can get both later... But currently it shows,
Shield-ask-remote
Virtual-search
Shield-ask-remote
Virtual-search
Nvidia corporation Nvidia controller v1.04

I'm seeing two devices in there on my shield:
  •  virtual-search
    • Version: Unknown
  • Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller
    • Version: Unknown
That's the problem, Android is reporting the virtual controllers first. @da-anda found a solution: Map users in the order of last button press. I need a volunteer for this change, I can advise but might not be able to implement this for a while.
I can give it a shot.. before my kids( 5 of them) hang me for not having their games.... Haha
The function you need to modify is CGameClientInput::MapJoysticks(). Simply sort joysticks by time of last use. You will need to add this time parameter to the joystick object. I can help show where this should go and where it should be calculated.
@NxtGenCowboy you can read my suggestions in the comments to this PR https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14658
Very Interesting.  I am going to try my Xbox 360 controller later tonight and see if the same issues happen, I'm assuming it will.   So technically for now, the nvidia shield is currently not supported due to the controller issue.
my TV running AndroidTV faces the same issue as the SHIELD. It also lists some virtual controller first. So not only the SHIELD is affect, but very likely many more Android based devices.
Yes, many more.

(2018-11-11, 22:34)garbear Wrote: The function you need to modify is CGameClientInput::MapJoysticks(). Simply sort joysticks by time of last use. You will need to add this time parameter to the joystick object. I can help show where this should go and where it should be calculated.

This is how to fix it. I'm able to advise if anyone wants to give it a try.
(2018-11-13, 18:06)garbear Wrote: Yes, many more.
(2018-11-11, 22:34)garbear Wrote: The function you need to modify is CGameClientInput::MapJoysticks(). Simply sort joysticks by time of last use. You will need to add this time parameter to the joystick object. I can help show where this should go and where it should be calculated.

This is how to fix it. I'm able to advise if anyone wants to give it a try.  
 This is way above me..  Maybe someone else can lend a hand until this gets fixed and the shield is usable with RetroPlayer again.
Same issue on RC1.
I created a patch to fix the issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14944

My time is constrained, so testing and feedback is much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Nvidia Shield controller support0