Does Kodi on XBone S support HDR playback?
I Searched but i coudnt find anything on this topic.. is xbone S as good as nvidia shield if you dont want audio passthrough?
(2018-09-24, 04:11)ozkhan1 Wrote: I Searched but i coudnt find anything on this topic.. is xbone S as good as nvidia shield if you dont want audio passthrough?

I’m not the authority but as far as I know the answer is no. The Xbox is a terrible streaming box.
Why has 4k HDR playback not been added to the known issues and bugs sticky?
(2018-10-06, 13:13)JonnyVee Wrote: Why has 4k HDR playback not been added to the known issues and bugs sticky?

It’s not a kodi issue.
(2018-10-06, 14:03)jcwillia1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 13:13)JonnyVee Wrote: Why has 4k HDR playback not been added to the known issues and bugs sticky?

It’s not a kodi issue.

That’s a pretty thin answer. Care to elaborate?
(2018-10-06, 20:39)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 14:03)jcwillia1 Wrote:

It’s not a kodi issue.

The Xbox will not stream local 4k movies. With Hdr or without.
(2018-10-06, 20:50)jcwillia1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 20:39)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 14:03)jcwillia1 Wrote: It’s not a kodi issue.

Please stop your lies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.windows...-one%3Famp
(2018-10-06, 21:27)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 20:50)jcwillia1 Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 20:39)JonnyVee Wrote: That’s a pretty thin answer. Care to elaborate?

Please stop your lies.

Dude. Come on. I have tested my Xbox one x for hours and hours. I have tried everything. It does not work.

Maybe your idea of 4k is different than mine. I’m talking about bit perfect rips from uhd blu rays.
Except Your idea of 4k seems to differ from the rest of the world. Your idea of 4k sounds a bit like an “alternative fact”!
😛
(2018-10-07, 01:15)ozkhan1 Wrote: Except Your idea of 4k seems to differ from the rest of the world. Your idea of 4k sounds a bit like an “alternative fact”!
[emoji14]

Enjoy your compressed 4k
Keep it civil please gentlemen...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Trying to...
(2018-10-06, 21:27)ozkhan1 Wrote: Please stop your lies.

What does PLEX for Xbox supporting HDR have to do with Kodi for Xbox supporting it?
(2018-10-07, 17:12)Hitcher Wrote:
(2018-10-06, 21:27)ozkhan1 Wrote: Please stop your lies.

What does PLEX for Xbox supporting HDR have to do with Kodi for Xbox supporting it?
My response was to a blanket statement. It would be true if he had added that condition. I was merely clarifying
And perhaps for further clarity, and i mean no offense @jcwillia1 but the story so far has gone from:

Xbox one doesnt do 4k .. to xbox one doesnt do hdr to.. xbox one does it but its compressed and not good enough to .... its an xbox issue and not a kodi issue..

What i posted was in no way meant as a burn on team kodi, heck i have been a member on this forum long enough for you guys to realize that.

Xbox streams 4k netflix, prime and youtube in HDR... and dolby vision is in the works if i am not mistaken. If you dont accept it as true ultrahd, thats fine. But to my naked eyes, its not any worse than what other media players offer.

On local media pllayback, plex supposedly supports HDR on xboxone s and x but i dont have any local HDR media to test it.

4k is just resolution. If your tv supports it and media player supports it, you should be able to play a 4k file on it jist like You can on most 4k capable devices.

Honestly, I dont know if its truly an issue or not, my extent of 4k ultrahd experience right now is streaming services and physical disks. I am not ripping any ultrahd media so i cant speak for that part.

But its ridiculous to suggest xboxone s cant stream 4k because it can. It may not do HDR for local media as well as it should be but .. well there it is..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi on XBone S support HDR playback?0