• 20(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script
The same way it always has - via the youtube plugin. It's in the official repository.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've tried the plugin from the repository and found that doesn't work either. I presume youtube made changes recently, hence the navi-x update.
Anyway, I have always found the script better to use - much more like actually browsing the youtube site.
The 'official' YouTube in the repositories does not play one single video on my Ubuntu box with latest nightlies, hasn't for a long time!

Is Navi-X working with the nightlies?

If XBMC had the online sources interface of Boxee it would be a marriage made in heaven because Boxee's general interface is too simple and not customisable whereas I LOVE XBMC's, but the online part is not great.

*sigh*
jmarshall Wrote:Guess you aren't running Dharma, huh?

I'm not running Dharma either. I'm a relative n00b to XBMC. I finally got it up and running steady. I have been waiting for the official release of Dharma so I can load it on my proof of concept, get wife approval, then purchase my Revo 3610.

Youtube and Hulu are my final 2 goals.
oh, this is so bad!.. the script is outdated and no more you tubescript!ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
I'm currently working on cleaning up the code in this frankenstein version that I'm using so that it's in a state where I can post it here.
BSSLoK Wrote:I'm currently working on cleaning up the code in this frankenstein version that I'm using so that it's in a state where I can post it here.
good luck, i need the script too much. It's very useful for me.

A gorgeous and complex project like XBmc, must have a youtube function enabled.
we already have youtube available in the add-on repo, and an even better one is in development.
spiff Wrote:we already have youtube available in the add-on repo, and an even better one is in development.

This is a script or a plugin?
works to xbox?
plugin. and no.
spiff Wrote:plugin. and no.

As a bunch of us have been saying (here and in the other thread), that plugin doesn't work for everyone. It obviously still works for the author and anyone who has the ability to fix it (I personally couldn't make heads or tails of that code), so I'm not holding out for a solution there.

This script already worked. So I just added my own flavour and kept using it.
altmania Wrote:A gorgeous and complex project like XBmc, must have a youtube function enabled.

sure bsslok, this comment spawned my reponse.
Just FYI, regarding our alternative YouTube plugin:

TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Unless there are any major issues left we are going to issue a Release Candidate soon.

Once we release -rc1 we won't accept any more feature requests before we release our final 1.0, so if you have any requests, now is the time to voice it.

Of course we still want all errors and mistakes reported.

If you find something wrong with our plugin i'll give you a cookie!
Here's what I've got...
http://users.tpg.com.au/bss855/YouTube.zip

It's not really tested much, and there's still tons of debugging spam in the log. I only just recently realised that the unmodified script by borick hasn't been working for a couple of months due to YouTube depreciating old features, so I just wanted to get this out there for everybody else like me who can't get nuka's plugin working.

This doesn't work in Dharma and would probably take a lot of work to get going. My system is Mythbuntu 9.10 with XBMC 9.11, and I use this script almost daily.
Thank you BSSLoK, Ive really missed this script
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script4