• 5(current)
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script
Big Grin 
Please check out the latest version and let me know what you think or if you have any problems, thanks.
thanks the script is working great....

just a small request...

is it possible to add a default user for favorites, and add favorites to the main menu...
and another thing when we select one option send focus to video selection (now the focus remains in the menu)...

in my media center i use youtube to see some videos i have in my user favorites...

thanks Big Grin
Do you mean the ability to "Add Favorites" to your user account?

I've added the defect/features you requested below to the issues list in google code repository, you can check out the status of the issues at: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-youtube/issues/list

I encourage everyone to use this issues list on google code if they have any feature requests or problems to report, thanks!

cjulio Wrote:thanks the script is working great....

just a small request...

is it possible to add a default user for favorites, and add favorites to the main menu...
and another thing when we select one option send focus to video selection (now the focus remains in the menu)...

in my media center i use youtube to see some videos i have in my user favorites...

thanks Big Grin
Quote:Do you mean the ability to "Add Favorites" to your user account?

no i mean go to "my Favorites" to see the movies i have there Wink

thanks

ps: ok i will use http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-youtube/issues/list in the future...
ahh I see.. so right now there is a "User Favorites", instead you want a "My Favorites" which automatically takes you to your favorites set up in the settings. I was thinking instead, you could provide a default user, and then go to User -> Favorites, and the default user would be entered there, so there would be no need for a "My Favorites"... would this be acceptable? its only a cpl extra button clicks, and I would prefer to do it this way then i don't have to add a seperate menu... thoughts/comments?

cjulio Wrote:no i mean go to "my Favorites" to see the movies i have there Wink

thanks

ps: ok i will use http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-youtube/issues/list in the future...
Aalok, still no luck here... I guess I'll just have to keep updating both XBMC and the youtube script untill -hopefully- it just works one day. Don't really know what else I can do, but if I ever find out I'll be sure to post it Smile
Volucris,
I would really like to solve this problem for both you and Aalok. Do you still have the same issue? Perhaps we can interface somehow and I can help you to solve this problem. One thing I would try doing would be to ensure you give the youtube script folder full write privileges, especially the data subdirectory. Otherwise e-mail me or send me a message on here, I would like to help solve this for you guys.

Edit: I mean, is the xbmc.log file the same as before?
Edit #2: Other things to try: rename the script folder - upload again - try on another platform - clear out the data directory

Volucris Wrote:Aalok, still no luck here... I guess I'll just have to keep updating both XBMC and the youtube script untill -hopefully- it just works one day. Don't really know what else I can do, but if I ever find out I'll be sure to post it Smile
I thought I'd jump in here, since I observe the same behavior as Volucris and Aalok. I'll try your suggestions and see if anything changes.

EDIT: and I'll jump right back out again, since installing 3.3 seemed to resolve the issue. Could be the new version, or that I used a different ftp client, or neither.
Having slight issue with youtube 3.2 / 3.3, cant seem to view complete videos which are more than 5min long. Anyway to fix it ?

Xbox version 1.6
XBMC version : XBMC SVN 2008-11-13 (13th of November 2008) rev16144 ATLANTIS
Is there anything I can do to fix the video lag? This always happens to me with YouTube scripts, but this one is the worst (which is unfortunate, as it's the most current one it seems). With previous YouTube scripts I could restart the video which would fix the sync usually. This one is always out of sync, no matter what I do (both high and low quality vids). I'm running the current release version on OS X. Any help is appreciated. Smile
Could you give me an example of a video that causes this problem and I can try to reproduce it? Also, what happens - does the video just freeze, or some other behaviour?

redrum77 Wrote:Having slight issue with youtube 3.2 / 3.3, cant seem to view complete videos which are more than 5min long. Anyway to fix it ?

Xbox version 1.6
Hooray, I can confirm that whatever went wrong for me no longer is an issue in 3.3! For the sake of diagnostics I neither updated xbmc nor used a different ftp client.

Cheers!
borick Wrote:Could you give me an example of a video that causes this problem and I can try to reproduce it? Also, what happens - does the video just freeze, or some other behaviour?

hi borick

youtube3.2 : [video]
Issue: auto stop and goes back to feed screen

youtube3.3 : [video]
Issue: video freeze . Need to press stop on my remote to go back to feed screen

xbmc log
I was wondering if there was any devs out there that would be interested in creating a script that would upload video files to YouTube. See i have alot of self created videos that im going to start uploading to YouTube and if i had a script for XBMC i could show my friends the video and if they like it i would upload it to YouTube.

Thoughts/Comments
redrum77 Wrote:Having slight issue with youtube 3.2 / 3.3, cant seem to view complete videos which are more than 5min long. Anyway to fix it ?

Xbox version 1.6

Same here, the video suddenly freeze at a random point, if you press B it behaves normally and goes back to the list of the video.
I tried to pre-buffer the video pausing at the beginning but the issue is still here. I only tried video in high quality (480p, &fmt18) like this.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script4