Can't access Synology NAS via iOS
Hello,

Yesterday is tried to setup Kodi to access my Synology NAS from my Raspberry Pi by using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m1lxRLWNVA&t=207s and it works like a charm!

However if i'm following the same steps on my iPAD then the NFS link doens't seem to work, entering the link manually also doens't seem to work. Am i missing something?

I have an iPAD Air 1 with iOS12 and using Kodi Krypton

Cheers,
Are you typing in the NFS-url address into Kodi, or are you using the Browse function to search for NFS servers instead?
Try to have your debug log (wiki) ready.
(2018-09-25, 11:35)Klojum Wrote: Are you typing in the NFS-url address into Kodi, or are you using the Browse function to search for NFS servers instead?
Try to have your debug log (wiki) ready.
 When i hit 'NFS' (browse function) nothing happens and when i'm typing the path in it gives me a message 'Unable to cennect' Couldn't retrieve directory information.

Will try to upload log asap.
So that would suggest either an NFS server setup problem, or a Kodi for IOS problem. Can you connect to the NFS server via a different computer?
Hereby the log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/FtmY2XbGqS/
(2018-09-25, 12:43)Klojum Wrote: So that would suggest either an NFS server setup problem, or a Kodi for IOS problem. Can you connect to the NFS server via a different computer?
 Yes i have the same situation working on my Raspberry
Thanks. I did have to log in to Ubuntu One for some reason to see the log file, please note that not everyone has such an account. Using Pastebin.com is preferable.

As for the NFS problem, one of the devs will have to look into that.
(2018-09-25, 12:55)Homarus Wrote:  Yes i have the same situation working on my Raspberry
Okay, so it's likely an NFS server issue. What does the /etc/exports file of the NAS look like?
(I assume the NFS server is running on your NAS...? It's not enabled by default)
NFS on iOS is Fine in General - likely a wrong setup on the NAS (user id / filesystem rights related)

Maybe the nfs wiki link in my signature gives a hint ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hereby the result of the /etc/exports:

root@DiskStation:~# /volume1/Persoonlijk    *(rw,async,no_wdelay,crossmnt,insecure,all_squash,insecure_locks,sec=sys,anonuid=1024,anongid=100)root@DiskStation:~#
all_squash means that all accesses are mapped to the user given by the anonuid. You now need to ensure that on filesystem level on the nas this user id (1024) has access granted.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access Synology NAS via iOS0