Broken OPTIONS sidebar only shows Radio channels, not TV (in Live TV in Leia beta)
I had posted about this earlier but removed my previous post because most of what I had posted turned out to be wrong, so I wanted to start over.  This is a problem I've only noticed since upgrading to Kodi Leia. and the Titan Beta for Leia.

I use Tvheadend as my backend and it can receive both radio and TV channels via satellite. In the past Kodi was always able to figure out which channels are radio and which are TV, and still does except when it comes to the OPTIONS sidebar, where it acts as if TV doesn't exist and only shows Radio channels, guide, etc.  Anything I select from the menu (Channels, PVR, etc.) shows me the equivalent screen for the Radio channels, even though I am coming from a TV related screen.  Just as an example, I can be looking at the TV channels list, right-arrow to open the OPTIONS sidebar, click on Channels and instead of taking me back to the TV channels list, it takes me to the Radio channels.  Once there the only way I can get back to TV is to completely exit out to the main menu and then come back. At the main menu I can use the down arrow to bring up the submenu and from there selections work correctly, in other words if I click Channels it takes me to the TV channels, not the Radio channels.  It's only if I use the OPTIONS sidebar that I see this unwanted behavior.

At one point today I must have pressed some magical key combination and for a brief time it worked, until I exited Kodi and came back and then it was back to its old (wrong) behavior.

I did note that there are two distinct things that Kodi considers Radio, one is TV Channels that have a "Radio" tag, and the other is actual Radio channels  Tvheadend apparently considers anything with video as TV and therefore even if it's tagged as Radio is will be considered a TV channel by Kodi. But there is a separate group of channels with no video at all, strictly an audio stream, and that is also called "Radio" but Kodi considers it to be something different. That type of "Radio" has its own guide, timers, etc. that (at least in Kodi) are totally separate from TV channels (in other skins, such as Confluence, it even has its own main menu entry that's totally separate from TV). I think the problem in Titan is that these radio signals appear as a submenu selection in Live TV (which kinda makes sense because the backend groups them all together in its guides) but for some reason the OPTIONS sidebar seems to only know about the Radio channels, not the TV channels.  So if you select "All Channels" in the GROUP setting, it shows you all RADIO channels, but none of the TV channels.  And that happens even if you bring up the sidebar while in the TV channels list. This would be expected behavior if you were coming from the Radio channels list, but apparently it thinks you are always coming from Radio and never TV, if that makes any sense.

This wasn't a problem in previous versions of Kodi so I have no idea why it is so messed up in Leia.
(2018-09-26, 22:00)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I had posted about this earlier but removed my previous post because most of what I had posted turned out to be wrong, so I wanted to start over.  This is a problem I've only noticed since upgrading to Kodi Leia. and the Titan Beta for Leia.

I use Tvheadend as my backend and it can receive both radio and TV channels via satellite. In the past Kodi was always able to figure out which channels are radio and which are TV, and still does except when it comes to the OPTIONS sidebar, where it acts as if TV doesn't exist and only shows Radio channels, guide, etc.  Anything I select from the menu (Channels, PVR, etc.) shows me the equivalent screen for the Radio channels, even though I am coming from a TV related screen.  Just as an example, I can be looking at the TV channels list, right-arrow to open the OPTIONS sidebar, click on Channels and instead of taking me back to the TV channels list, it takes me to the Radio channels.  Once there the only way I can get back to TV is to completely exit out to the main menu and then come back. At the main menu I can use the down arrow to bring up the submenu and from there selections work correctly, in other words if I click Channels it takes me to the TV channels, not the Radio channels.  It's only if I use the OPTIONS sidebar that I see this unwanted behavior.

At one point today I must have pressed some magical key combination and for a brief time it worked, until I exited Kodi and came back and then it was back to its old (wrong) behavior.

I did note that there are two distinct things that Kodi considers Radio, one is TV Channels that have a "Radio" tag, and the other is actual Radio channels  Tvheadend apparently considers anything with video as TV and therefore even if it's tagged as Radio is will be considered a TV channel by Kodi. But there is a separate group of channels with no video at all, strictly an audio stream, and that is also called "Radio" but Kodi considers it to be something different. That type of "Radio" has its own guide, timers, etc. that (at least in Kodi) are totally separate from TV channels (in other skins, such as Confluence, it even has its own main menu entry that's totally separate from TV). I think the problem in Titan is that these radio signals appear as a submenu selection in Live TV (which kinda makes sense because the backend groups them all together in its guides) but for some reason the OPTIONS sidebar seems to only know about the Radio channels, not the TV channels.  So if you select "All Channels" in the GROUP setting, it shows you all RADIO channels, but none of the TV channels.  And that happens even if you bring up the sidebar while in the TV channels list. This would be expected behavior if you were coming from the Radio channels list, but apparently it thinks you are always coming from Radio and never TV, if that makes any sense.

This wasn't a problem in previous versions of Kodi so I have no idea why it is so messed up in Leia.
i will try to fix that within the next weeks,
Thats my list, maybe you can add more if you find somethingPVR :
a) home menu (dialogcontextmenu.xml -> has to high <height> , ) image - use smallContextMenu instead till fix
b) PVR/Live TV OSD -> switch channel (up/Down) - fixed in mod
c) strange navigation issues in pvr guid (cant get back from radio)
d) click epg (MyPVRGuide.xml, button "101" ; channels "100")-> switch to radio channels, click again, toggle just radio channel groups
-> just if i switch to ->MyPVRChannels by click channels "100" in MyPVRGuide.xml, and click back , TV channels are present
e) button 400 -> switch view (timeline) -> does nothing (KRYPTON : switch view timelie (timeline, now, on next, channel views))
f) open epg grid in OSD -  fixed in mod
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2018-09-27, 00:07)mardukL Wrote: i will try to fix that within the next weeks,
Thats my list, maybe you can add more if you find somethingPVR :
a) home menu (dialogcontextmenu.xml -> has to high <height> , ) image - use smallContextMenu instead till fix
b) PVR/Live TV OSD -> switch channel (up/Down) - fixed in mod
c) strange navigation issues in pvr guid (cant get back from radio)
d) click epg (MyPVRGuide.xml, button "101" ; channels "100")-> switch to radio channels, click again, toggle just radio channel groups
-> just if i switch to ->MyPVRChannels by click channels "100" in MyPVRGuide.xml, and click back , TV channels are present
e) button 400 -> switch view (timeline) -> does nothing (KRYPTON : switch view timelie (timeline, now, on next, channel views))
f) open epg grid in OSD -  fixed in mod 
Thank you, if you can fix that I will much appreciate it!  The only other problem I have seen that MIGHT be a PVR-related skin issue is when I got to "Artwork Options" for a recording or timer, and then to "Manual Configure Artwork", if I try to actually add any artwork Kodi freezes up solid and the only way to regain control is to forcibly kill Kodi and restart it, or reboot the system.  If I just make the "Manual Configure Artwork" selection and then immediately exit out, it doesn't freeze, but the act of actually selecting artwork manually freezes it up. Either of the other two artwork options work, it is just that one that freezes up, and of course it's the one that's most useful if the automatic process is grabbing the wrong artwork, or ugly artwork.  I should, however, mention that this is using Artwork Downloader, not Artwork Beef, because Artwork Beef doesn't let you use any custom art you may have and other than this particular issue, Artwork Downloader still works fine.  It just seems odd to me that it works great unless you try to manually select artwork, and I cannot say for certain this is a skin problem but my suspicion is that it is.  That's the only other thing I can think of offhand that might be worth adding to your list, if you can replicate it.  Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPTIONS sidebar only shows Radio channels, not TV (in Live TV in Leia beta)0