Bug Leia "String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" fails, (at least for Addons)
$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] retured a path even if its empty / if there is no Fanart (at least it does it for Addons)

to test and prove -> Screenshot shows my "Addon-Hub", where a variable shuld show the icon if no Fanart is available ("String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))"). Doesnt work with Leia.

Screen shows the AddonHub + $INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)] as a Lable in the top left corner.

push

Bug still exists with Beta 3 

-> ListItem.Art(fanart) returns always a Path (String) -> at least for Addons (Didnt Test how it behaves for Movies).

EDIT: Did work in Krypton just fine.
How to reproduce: (?)

1. put the Lable below in Estuarys Wall View (View_500_Wall.xml) right aboth the Panel (ID="500") -> Line10
(<include>Visible_Right</include> (Line9) -> insert right after this the new Label (code below) -> right before: <control type="panel" id="500">)

2. Restart Kodi or simply Reload the Skin.

3. Now Install an Addon without a Fanart in its Addon Folder. (Video Addon: "ANSA" as Example.)

4. Navigate in the Homescreen of Estuary to "Addons" -> Klick on it -> Choose "Video Addons" in the List on the left side (if u thook "ANAS" to test, else the cathegory which holds the Addon u choose to test with.) -> after klicking on "Video Addons" Navigate to the Sideblade and Choose "Wall" as ur Viewtype.

5. Now u shouls see the newly added Lable in the upper left corner. -> Navigagate to ur Test Addon (the one without a Fanart in its Addon Folder). Focus it, e voila -> u'll notice that the newly Added Label shows a String even if there is no Fanart! so "$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]" isnt Empty, but it should be! as there is No Fanart.
This wasnt a issue in Krypton and was introduced with Kodi 18.

here the mentioned Code (Label):
xml:

<control type="label">
                <left>50</left>
                <top>90</top>
                <height>40</height>
                <label>blablub$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>
                <font>font30</font>
                <shadowcolor>text_shadow</shadowcolor>
</control>

Would be nice if this Could be fixed.

Else stuff Like "String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" simly fails there, and therefore doesnt work anymore.

--
Have you tried the build before the Skinners: Please test PR13754 build?
(2018-10-10, 07:23)Hitcher Wrote: Have you tried the build before the Skinners: Please test PR13754 build?

If this is only with add-ons it is more than unlikely that PR13754 has introduced this regression.
(2018-10-10, 07:23)Hitcher Wrote: Have you tried the build before the Skinners: Please test PR13754 build?
yes, same Issue.

-----

@rmrector maybe?

else i would open a Ticket.
This happens when an add-on doesn't use the new-in-Krypton "<assets>" tag in their addon.xml, Kodi uses a backward-compatible method to load the old-style icon and fanart.

I looked into this a while back, but got stuck on how to solve this efficiently when browsing repos (as opposed to browsing already installed add-ons). Further investigation today shows that Krypton behaves this way when browsing such repos, so I won't worry about that case. I'll submit a PR for this shortly.

Edit: PR14934 brings back Krypton behavior for this.
thanks a bunch!
Do you (want to) use "String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" only to dispay a fallback image if the fanart doesn't exist in your skin?
(2018-11-25, 10:28)Rechi Wrote: Do you (want to) use "String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" only to dispay a fallback image if the fanart doesn't exist in your skin?

yap, thats right, the Idea is to show the "Icon" as a fallback if there is no "Fanart".
In that case you could use the fallback attribute for texture, similar to what I did for estuary (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14935) after seeing your report.
if it would be that easy )

As much as i knew u cant use $INFO[blablub] as fallback or am i wrong here?

by looking at ur code: As much as i knew u dont need "background="true" anymore, functionality was removed as long ive got that right. (wrong?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia "String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))" fails, (at least for Addons)0