Discrepancy b/w NextPVR Guide and Kodi Guide
Hello @sub3

Hoping you can help me solve an issue that has recently become apparent with the TV Guide in NextPVR and that displayed in Kodi.

I am using Kodi v17.6, NextPVR v4.2.1 and NextPVR Add-on v2.4.13 on Win 10

I have one channel that has been problematic for a while. It is the Australian SBS Viceland channel. There is the SD version and the HD version of the same channel.

The VicelandHD channel is numbered differently to the remaining SBS channels and it ends up separated at the bottom of the guide and not next to the other SBS Channels. Attempting to renumber it only causes a loss of guide information, so I have left it as channel 206.

For the last couple of weeks, it seems that this channel now thinks it is a Radio channel. If I look at the guide in NextPVR, it displays the correct guide information but when I view the guide in Kodi, it is guide information for a radio channel. (not sure which one.)

It is only a problem now as I have lost two scheduled recording from this channel. Strange as I thought the backend would control that.

An export of my channel information is here... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2fF3TS7TyJ/

Two images to display the problem with channel 206. Any ideas how I can fix this?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm not really sure how Kodi is showing something different to what NextPVR has. When you restart Kodi, do you see it downloading listings? In theory, those should be the same listings that NextPVR is showing.

I haven't got Kodi installed yet on my freshly-rebuilt machine, but from memory there is a 'Clear Data' option in the Settings->PVR/TV section of the kodi settings. You may or may not need to switch the settings to 'advanced' to see that option though.

Give that a go, and if it doesn't work, I'll help you work out what is happening.
When you were trying to renumber the channel, you should have just been able to go to the Settings->Channels screen in NextPVR, and double clicked on 206 SBS Viceland, and changed the channel number in the upper left of the screen. (may need to do that Clear Data in Kodi to get it to pickup the change)
@sub3

I have...

1. Updated to v4.2.2
2. Renumbered the channel in Settings>Channels as you described
3. Cleared data from within Kodi
4. Restarted PC

And now it seems to be all fixed. The channel now shows the correct guide data and is listed alongside the other SBS channels. (I am sure that is how I changed the channel number last time, but I kept losing the guide data.)

Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Great!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discrepancy b/w NextPVR Guide and Kodi Guide0