Gapless and Upnp
Hey there!

I'm working for days to find a solution to get Gapless support for Kodi via Upnp/DLNA.
I've searched around this forum (and everywhere else on the web) to find an answer. Some say it worked for them, for most of them it didn't.

My main goal is to stream Flac files (via Tidal) from Bubble Upnp to Kodi.
The streaming itself works flawlessly, but without the Gapless Playback support the stream breaks off after each song and the time between tracks is just too high.

Kodi is running on my HTPC (Archlinux), but I've also installed it on my Windows machine and my Notebook (also Linux) to test it against (v17 and 18-git freshly compiled). I
've played with every audio setting and changed configs here and there. Nothing has helped.

As an alternative I use AllStream to redirect my phone output to Kodi. As this is an endless stream, this works. But obviously I can't display track informations and the cover in Kodi as it's a simply audio stream.

Gapless streaming seems to be a big issue in a lot of Upnp servers, even though the implementation doesn't seem that complicated.
Am I just overseeing something, or doesn't kodi support it? I've seen this question popping up every now and then for 15 years now. Shouldn't there be a solution somehow?

I'm really thankful for every answer I can get.
Thank you all in advance! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gapless and Upnp1