Madnox (Krypton) Mods: Star ratings, Genre icons etc
So as I've recently broken my damn leg, it's given me a couple of weeks of fiddling with my fave program, Kodi.
As I haven't updated to Leia as yet, I thought I'd try my hand at polishing an already great skin with a few minor mods (to the music side of things, as I reckoned it was maybe lacking just a little compared to the TV and Movies).

I've set up:
*A 5-star Album AND Track rating setup to be displayed in :Now Playing view, info view, and library view (in Musicflix) this is essentially out of ten, just utilising half stars as a 5 star system looks neater IMHO.
*A full set of around 20 genre icons (more being made) also displayed in a few different views. Also falls back to text if I haven't made a custom one like 'Reggae Synth Funk' or something.
*A minor colourisation of existing icons and a few tweaks.

Still playing with a few things, let me know what you think.

Custom home theatre icon, album rating, and custom genre icon in album view (Musicflix) ^^^

Custom home theatre icon, track rating, and custom genre icon in song view (Musicflix) ^^^ (reads individual track genre tag)

Custom home theatre icon, track rating OR Album rating (depending if info is viewed in album OR song view), and custom genre icon in song view (Musicflix) ^^^
*Currently thinking of whether to get rid of 'Rating' which is just a scraped critic rating anyway.

Custom home theatre icon, track rating AND Album rating, minor colour changes  and custom genre icon in Now Playing view ^^^
Currently making a heap more genre icons, everything including Death Metal and Grindcore, through to Pop, Folk and Electronic and heaps more. Also, the album year moved from the Album title. It looks neater I think.

What do you think?
I like the idea of a MusicFlix page to match the MyFlix for movies.

I really like the in album presentation of the art work.

Is this available for download? 

Cheers
@Rychem28

The Musicflix page is an included view in Madnox, I just added a few little things to it and the MusicVisualization XML to give it a little more eyecandy and make it a tad more
informative 👍

You don't have the standard Musicflix view?
I am not using the Madnox Skin. I realized after i sent the post that it was specific to MadNox. Guess I should pay attention. 

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Krypton) Mods: Star ratings, Genre icons etc0