Kodi 18 Beta 2 on Xbox One suddenly broken - no text visible on any screen
(2018-10-17, 05:21)Gideon47 Wrote: I have the same issue, thanks to everyone for posting about it, I thought I had some weird unique issue.

For those of you using Kodi 18 that are currently having the issue:
  1. With Kodi up and running and using the default skin, goto the settings(the gear besides the power button).
  2. Once at the Settings screen, go into the System Settings, it's the gear with the screwdriver.
  3. Once at the Systems Settings screen, the focus will be on the first item on the list, the Display Settings(which you won't be able to read).  Click once to enter and the focus will shift to the right pane.
  4. Go down one item, this will be the Resolution, and select it.  This will spawn a popup window.
  5. In the Resolution popup window, go up one item from where the focus is initially and select it.  You should be able to see the UI text again.
Hope this helps, and thank you to the Kodi team for all the years of viewing pleasure!  
 Does this resolve it permanently, or does the same issue return if you restart Kodi a couple times?

Edit: So, not sure if this will help the Kodi devs or not, but... It seems as if the issue is somehow related to the resolution changing. Took a virgin install, straight from the MS Store, and just immediately closed Kodi after it started the first time. Worked fine the second time. Then I went into the system settings (in Kodi) and the screen blanks for a second, after which Kodi put itself into 720p mode. I change it back to 4k, quit, and restart Kodi only to have no text. Changing the resolution did allow me to see the text again, until I restarted Kodi. Then it was back to no text. So whatever the issue is, it appears it has to do with Leia's resolution switching. I also notice when I close Kodi, there seems to be some rapid flickering. I can take a video and upload it later if a dev thinks it would be useful. I also tried whitelisting only [email protected] and restarting Kodi, but that didn't have any impact. Hopefully something in there will be of use to Kodi devs in tracking down the issue. I can also install the log uploading add-on, assuming it works with the Xbox version, and provide that if there's a request, but these symptoms should be pretty easy to replicate for anyone with a Xbox One X.
(2018-10-17, 05:21)Gideon47 Wrote: I have the same issue, thanks to everyone for posting about it, I thought I had some weird unique issue.

For those of you using Kodi 18 that are currently having the issue:
  1. With Kodi up and running and using the default skin, goto the settings(the gear besides the power button).
  2. Once at the Settings screen, go into the System Settings, it's the gear with the screwdriver.
  3. Once at the Systems Settings screen, the focus will be on the first item on the list, the Display Settings(which you won't be able to read).  Click once to enter and the focus will shift to the right pane.
  4. Go down one item, this will be the Resolution, and select it.  This will spawn a popup window.
  5. In the Resolution popup window, go up one item from where the focus is initially and select it.  You should be able to see the UI text again.
Hope this helps, and thank you to the Kodi team for all the years of viewing pleasure! 
 For me on step 3, i click enter, and it jumps to the right, then i need to go down to the 2nd from the top option. Once it pops up, i can pick a different resolution. For me, the top option was whitelisting framerates. Might have to do with the level of settings you're on. Mine is set to expert.
I too have same issue. Just updated my Xbox One X and missing text + zoomed in playing of movies.

Changing resolution in settings via above method to 1080p seems to have solved the issue.

So will keep it on that as opposed to 2160p
Sorry, forgot to add. I use removed to help me change resolution, so helped with working out which tile to go to.
Unfortunately as that site pushes banned addons (wiki), links to it are not allowed here under our piracy policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Same issue for me too. Issue happening with 720p resolution on xbox one. To fix, change resolution of xbox to 1080p.
Hi,

I have the log from this text issue from my xbox one S (not X!) running 4k (this seems to be the common denominator).

issue:
text is not rendered properly
log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/alocosokuw

work around: change resolution to less than 4k
Mine is a 720p. Can’t change it. Kodi was fine before on my m 720p. I have Kodi 18 Beta 3 btw
Just a quick update: I contacted Xbox and they said to wait for Kodi to do an app update in order for it to be usable again.
(2018-10-22, 00:36)jk_adv096 Wrote: Just a quick update: I contacted Xbox and they said to wait for Kodi to do an app update in order for it to be usable again.
 Of course. They are ALWAYS going to blame someone else. Your console could have spontaneously burst into flames while in standby mode, but it will somehow be the fault of whatever the last game was you played or something.
Can someone tag a dev here? It'd be nice to get an ETA :-)
Same issue here. Is there no workaround? I can't play my 4K videoes when running in 1080p
It’s annoying, but you can change it right back to 4K, and it’ll be fine until you exit the app again.
Same issue... anyone has any permanent issue
(2018-10-23, 19:32)harishred123 Wrote: Same issue... anyone has any permanent issue
 There's supposedly a Beta 4 for the Xbox that will be making its way to the rest of us at some point. No idea if it fixes this particular issue, but it is at least possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 2 on Xbox One suddenly broken - no text visible on any screen0