Kodi 18 Beta 2 on Xbox One suddenly broken - no text visible on any screen
Nothing is fixed or will be fixed cause Microsoft broke something and the only Dev that knows how xbox works is busy with real life. At some point in time he or someone else will be able to look at it. Do not even ask for a time estimate cause we will not give any.
That's the status and sadly you all will have to live with that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Perhaps if this information had been related a bit quicker people would be a bit more understanding and patience would be more evident. There are a number of issues with the UWP that have been related in this forum with little to no feedback from Team Kodi. I think people tend to get a bit frustrated when they try to report something and there is little in the way of response.
(2018-10-23, 21:38)Martijn Wrote: Nothing is fixed or will be fixed cause Microsoft broke something and the only Dev that knows how xbox works is busy with real life. At some point in time he or someone else will be able to look at it. Do not even ask for a time estimate cause we will not give any.
That's the status and sadly you all will have to live with that.
 How dare he have a personal life?! Doesn't he know that interferes with our irrational need for a fixed Kodi build? The nerve of some people!  Stare

Seriously though, hopefully it's a quick fix so he can knock it out quickly if he has a few minutes free. If not, well, I guess we'll just have to wait.
Man, i saw an app update for my Kodi and got all excited, but it didn't seem to do anything.
(2018-10-26, 02:33)scythe000 Wrote: Man, i saw an app update for my Kodi and got all excited, but it didn't seem to do anything.
 Look a couple posts up. The Xbox dev is busy with real life (lazy bum  Tongue ) so until they have some time to work on things, the Xbox build is likely going to be broken indefinitely. Unless by some fluke a change in some other part of Kodi magically fixes the issue, or Microsoft pushes a hotfix update.
I totally understand. I guess I'm on Beta 4 now, but same issue.
This is it! The answer I was looking for. Without having to uninstall Kodi and reinstall it to see the steps before it was gone 5 minutes later. Thanks. I just installed Beta 4 and it does the same thing.
So did the only guy who knows anything about Xbox stop getting busy for a second and release an update? Beta 4 is out. Sure didn't fix this issue though.
The answer to that I think is fairly self evident.

If you want to moan and complain then bitch at Microsoft for breaking it.

As noted above an attempt to fix it will be made when possible, but frankly posts in the tone of yours will do nothing to speed anything up.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Agree! While some of us are not smart enough "yet" to help Microsoft come up with the solution, let use this medium to help others find a solution the best and easiest way for every device.
Anyone here part of the Insider Preview thing Microsoft does and tried any of the newer beta builds of the Xbox dashboard? Saw an article somewhere about how they are adding mouse and keyboard support... for one game... but the important part is it sounds like it's a newer build than what we have on the official release channel. Always a chance that they've fixed the issue causing the no text in one of these builds.
Beta 5 just dropped. Still the same issue.
I was having these problems a month or so before the Xbox title update I waited for Kodi to update this problem but it had yet to happen. I don’t think this is a Xbox problem
We believe we know what the issue is, and is has been triggered by an update my MS.

It should be resolvable by the UWP Dev given enough time to work on it, but at the moment he is busy with his life and so it will take a while.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-10-29, 18:53)DarrenHill Wrote: We believe we know what the issue is, and is has been triggered by an update my MS.

It should be resolvable by the UWP Dev given enough time to work on it, but at the moment he is busy with his life and so it will take a while.
 And who said he could have a life? Didn't they know it might possibly inconvenience some of us at some potential point in the future?  Tongue

Seriously though, thanks for the update and do hope whatever it that is occupying our wayward UWP dev lets up enough that he can make the necessary fixes soon. Also, I know Kodi is a volunteer effort so it's easier said than done, but maybe there should be an effort to always have at least two people familiar with each platform.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 2 on Xbox One suddenly broken - no text visible on any screen0