Fixed playing Hanging Video Problem
If anybody is having problems with playing video expecially HD video download and install this:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-...p?download

I was having a problem playing HD .mkv files with it only playing about 56 seconds and hanging. I installed GTK 2.8.13 and now it is playing smooth as hell. Dont know why this is but it totally worked for me if anybody else having the same issue would like to try. I mean I justed played a full movie with no hiccups at all. Big Grin
I tried this on Vista Ultimate 64 and though it didn't hang completely anymore I did still get some jerkiness in the playback. After reading another post about the v-sync option I turned that on during playback only. Now my HD movies (MKV) are playing back smooth as glass! Thanks for the tip! Big Grin
Yes I dont know exactly why this has made such an improvement in the video playback maybe a Developer can chime in here to see why installing this works. I mean when playing HD movies XBMC totally crashed on me but after installing this HD movies are playing really smooth.
I really can't tell why gtk should help for XBMC but maybe one of the "older" devs can tell. Unfortunately I wasn't able to extract the files (don't want to install it) to see what's in the archive? Maybe some newer SDL/watever libraries?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
RW2112 Wrote:I tried this on Vista Ultimate 64 and though it didn't hang completely anymore I did still get some jerkiness in the playback. After reading another post about the v-sync option I turned that on during playback only. Now my HD movies (MKV) are playing back smooth as glass! Thanks for the tip! Big Grin

Are you using ATI card by any chance.. ATI sometimes has heap of issue with video playback.

My new 780G gigabyte board if I use the CD that comes with the board for drivers PowerDVD would lock/freeze my computer and do realy nasty sh*t to it and eventually reboot my box... I went to AMD website and grab their latest drivers and no more problem.

Took me a while to figure out it was the ATI graphics drivers because on one of the off chance I got a Blue Screen of Death in Vista and it dump a whole bunch of reference to ATI graphic dll file that when I decided to upgrade the drivers
roeroe Wrote:Are you using ATI card by any chance.. ATI sometimes has heap of issue with video playback.

My new 780G gigabyte board if I use the CD that comes with the board for drivers PowerDVD would lock/freeze my computer and do realy nasty sh*t to it and eventually reboot my box... I went to AMD website and grab their latest drivers and no more problem.

Took me a while to figure out it was the ATI graphics drivers because on one of the off chance I got a Blue Screen of Death in Vista and it dump a whole bunch of reference to ATI graphic dll file that when I decided to upgrade the drivers

Nope, I run a 8800 GT card in my box.
I've checked briefly the libs inside the gtk archive but there's nothing which could help accelerate video performance as we know Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
installed this version on my 780G board. Set refreshrate to 24Hz on my LCD. checked vsync always. 720p mkv stuttering and not smooth. installed gtk package - no change. Back to mediaportal+ffdshow+reclock Smile Still have fingeres crossed tho Smile

DP
WiSo Wrote:I've checked briefly the libs inside the gtk archive but there's nothing which could help accelerate video performance as we know Huh

Thats wierd all I know is that I could not get HD to play and after installing gtk+ it runs nice and smooth now. After the install it give an option to rename a .dll and I did allow it too also. The .dll is the same that is in the XBMC folder lib something, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it either. I was doing a little research on GTK and have found that it is used for intense graphics programs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fixed playing Hanging Video Problem0