OS X Kodi 18 Beta 3 on imac - track pad does not work
Have downloaded the beta 3 version of Kodi 18 onto my imac running with osx 10.13.6. Have checked that the mouse input is on under the system information but Kodi does not display the mouse pointer correctly -it appears then disappears when you try to move it.. However Kodi does operate using the keyboard controls with no problems. I haave tried using a mouse wired directly to the imac, with a trackpad over wifi and a mouse over wifi with no differences in throughput.

Is anyone else having this problem??
Not sure if anyone else is having a problem with version 18 and their mouse on an imac but mine has persisted all the way through to RC2.

However I have now found a solution or at least a work around for my problem. Each time I sign out of Kodi and sign back in I have lost the use of the mouse. However, if i go to System, Display and reset the option from default to imac and accept it and then again select the option to take display back to default from the imac option the mouse suddenly comes into play and stays in operation until I again sign out of Kodi. Next time I go  back into Kodi I repeat the process and there is the mouse again.
I have exactly the same problem with 18RC2 (MacOS 10.14.2) and it's driving me nuts!  Can only use keyboard to navigate.  All other software works just fine with the mouse and/or trackpad ... Your fix works but it's a pain to have to do this every time one starts up Kodi!
I have the same problem and i run mac os 10.14.3 Beta 1 and thanks for the work around with resetting the display, it works for me also! like wtf? arent they testing this on the MAC OS?
“They” are me basically and I don’t have a MacBook. So if no developer with the actual hardware is able to investigate it I would take my son and call it Christmas.

Btw - I never support beta Mac OS versions here in the forum. Just FYI.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You could try to disable the “apps run in separate spaces” option in apple settings. Can’t remember how exactly that option is called.

Also ensure that you don’t use the macos fullscreen feature (the green “+” in the left upper corner) - but use cmd+f to go from windowed to fullscreen mode.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphis your comments are at the least puzzling. You say you are testing Kodi on Mac OS and yet you don't have a Macbook. Not making sense to me. In addition we are no longer discussing Beta versions.

However I have just upgraded to 18RC3 and was again faced with the problem of having to change the display before it would allow the mouse.

Was interested in your comments about spaces and full screen as I currently use two spaces and I also use full screen on Kodi. So I offloaded 18RC3 and closed out my spaces and changed from Kodi full screen. I then reloaded Kodi 18RC3 and the mouse came up first time.

Clearly there is a glitch that Kodi developers need to look at in relation to spaces and full screen at some point in the future.

The Kodi web page touts the app as being developed for multiple OS including the MAC OS so your dismissive comments are hardly helpful. Maybe you need to enter into the Xmas spirit rather than acting the Grinch.
Just a further point  - if you try to minimise Kodi using the yellow button and then try to open Kodi again you lose the mouse and the keyboard. You have to force quit Kodi to get out. However if you minimise Kodi using Cmd M and then open it up again it works just fine. Clearly Kodi has a problem with the Mac coloured buttons.
Not sure why you think my comments are dismissive.

I have an hackintosh laptop for development and a Mac mini. So no trackpad - in case that matters to the issue.

The whole input (mouse keyboard) and windowing (GUI and window management) needs to be redone for Mac OS. I have started this at one Point but could not finish it. There is simply no way to change screens when in Mac is full screen mode from a programmers POV. That’s were it stopped atm.

You are the Second Person in Short Time here which seems to be unhappy with my posts. I have no clue why people are picking at me now but still i am the only maintainer for OS X and iOS and I can assure you both platforms have their issues because of that. I have almost no time for Kodi atm due to real live stuff.

So it seems some of you guys rather would see that we say „iOS and macOS are not supported by Kodi“, rip out the whole platform code for both out of Kodi and be „more consistent“ in what we claim then.

That really can‘t be a serious suggestion in an open source project can it?
FYI it's not just a Macbook issue.  I have the problem with Kodi RC3 on the new (late 2018) Mac Mini, despite a clean re-install of Kodi.  Am running MacOS 10.14.2.
Wink 
Hay,

Just go in Settings, System, Display -> Display mode (Display) set to iMac.
(2019-03-19, 20:53)cheka92 Wrote: Hay,

Just go in Settings, System, Display -> Display mode (Display) set to iMac.

I can't get the mouse or trackpad to work with iMac (late 2014).   I tried different DISPLAY options in settings but no success.   My arrow keys work...but that's a pain.

Anybody have a fix for this?
The same for me.
i've just change to a 2019 iMac. Works perfectly with kodi 17.6, but with kodi 18.x, the mouse pointer is correct only if i change the screen settings and then only until i leave kodi.
The next time i launch kodi,  i have to change screen settings again if i want my cursor fine again Undecided
(2018-12-26, 19:06)Collie Wrote: FYI it's not just a Macbook issue.  I have the problem with Kodi RC3 on the new (late 2018) Mac Mini, despite a clean re-install of Kodi.  Am running MacOS 10.14.2.
Me too!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 3 on imac - track pad does not work0