Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2018-11-21, 23:00)Dumyat Wrote:
(2018-11-21, 15:17)phunkyfish Wrote: Have you tried not using Rytec at all?

With the genre changes the embedded EPG feed is pretty good now.
Yeah, I did try using the Sky epg feed, but got hardly any genre info after downloading the guide. That might have changed if I had left it overnight, as guide updates don't seem to be immediate on this device when passing the data onto Kodi or at least using the Openatv image.

What plugin do you use? Cross epg or epg importer? 
I'm using cross epg at the moment, as that's what I used on my previous device but after reading up on some of the E2 forums it would seem epg importer is more favoured by users these days for some reason.

So what I mean is I use neither crossepg or epg importer. Cross epg applies the sky feed (OpenTV). Instead I have both of those disabled and I enable the Freesat and EIT (for freeview) grabbers in the EPG settings. You need to leave it for 30 minutes on a channel as it builds the EPG up incrementally. The feed is sent with every channel. The nice thing with this is that if there are late changes to the EPG you get them continuously.

Enigma2 support many grabbers natively, but does not support Sky, hence why a lot of sky users will use CrossEPG and this is originally what it was created for. EpgImport was created to support Rytec. Later on Rytec support was added to CrossEpg.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again - by phunkyfish - 2018-11-22, 00:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3