• 13(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
Where does your EPG data come from?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-01-16, 21:53)phunkyfish Wrote: Where does your EPG data come from?
XMLTV Providers on the STB.
Currently configured for UK/Ireland for both Freesat and FTA.
Everything had been working fine. Very occasionally, I would get a rogue item with no guide data, but nothing like I'm seeing now.
Can you try just using the in built readers? There are EIT and Freesat feed readers you can enable in EPG settings on the STB.

I stopped using the XMLTV providers as there are times when the data is less than acceptable.
I can certainly try. 
I presume I should disable/untick XMLTV providers? I have crossepg still enabled. Can I scrub that plugin as well?
Without sounding too much of a half wit, what does EIT stand for?
I saw it on the EPG settings a while ago, but wasn't exactly sure what it meant. Am curious more than anything Smile
EIT is the format freesat uses for now and next. They then use a proprietary format for the full EPG.

You should never run CrossEpg and EPG import together Wink they will just overwrite each other.

Just delete your epg when ready (on the receiver) and then switch to either BBC 1 or 2 for twenty minutes so it can grab the full EPG.
Think you've suggested using this option before and I was pretty sure there was specific reason why I had avoided doing so, but couldn't rightly remember what it was until now. Sadly, on my device image (OpenATV) the genre information is not collected when using the EIT option. I think you had mentioned previously that OpenVix collects the genre info. Unfortunately, there is no official support for Vix for Zgemma devices.

At the moment, using the EIT option with OpenATV I have 3 issues:-
1) No Genre Information
2) Some of my Freesat Channels are returning zero guide data.
3) Don't think EIT option covers Freeview tuner on my device, as those channels are also blank.

Will stick with the set-up for a little longer to see if situation improves, but eventually I'm probably going to be pushed back to the original config I had.
Don't know, maybe its a hardware issue causing the wrong durations and programme info. I tested a friend's a Zgemma device a couple of years back and remember I had issues with incorrect/missing guide data in Kodi. At the time I put it down to using a USB stick for storing recordings and guide data, but my current device has an internal HDD. Maybe my fault for going with cheap hardware...... Sad
1) Yes, this will only work on certain images, and you may need to enable it. I can't speak for an image outside of OpenVix.
2) That shouldn't be the case, all mine populate, there are not that many. Can you list those that don't?
3) Sorry, don't know about freeview, I can only access freesat.

I think vix not support the Zgemma H7.

Issues aside, with this setup is the guide data correct? Just curious to know if this is the guide data or an issue internally in kodi.
Well, initially I thought the guide data was correct and that particular mystery was now solved, but I'm still getting some duration errors on the guide screen, whilst the PVR Info Dialog for the same affected programmes are displaying the correct duration. I don't understand what is causing this behaviour to happen, but I'm pretty sure it's not skin issue. The problem is further complicated as it seems to be quite random. All I know for sure is the problem did not exist until fairly recently (Maybe prior to the beginning of Dec 18):-

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

I'm the same, trying to understand if the problem is with data being sent from the STB, the PVR addon, the Skin, or something with Kodi Core. 
As for channels missing, currently I have no EPG data for Channel 4 HD, Paramount Network, Sony Movies, Movies 4 Men, Al Jazeera News, CNN and most of my Music Channels.
No worries about EIT question for Freeview. Maybe I just wondered if that particular functionality was unique to Freesat Only.

If it helps, what I might try is downloading the channel playlist from the openwebif and see if I get the same issues using either simple PVR or TV Mosiac clients.
Worth a try maybe?
Of those channels I think only Movies 4 Men is on Freesat.
You could try the default skin and see do you see any issues. If the info when you drill into the epg entry is correct then that's the full set of data pulled from from the STB so the issue must be elsewhere.
(2019-01-21, 18:19)phunkyfish Wrote: Of those channels I think only Movies 4 Men is on Freesat.
Ahhh yes, Channel 4 had a disagreement with Freesat and they removed Channel 4 HD from the Freesat Line-Up. However, it can along with the Paramount Network still be manually tuned on any STB without too much fuss. Details of frequency for Paramount Network (Including Ireland) here:-
https://www.a516digital.com/2018/07/how-...rk-uk.html
Sony Movies has been part of the official channel line up on Freesat for a few months now. Loads of bloody adverts though.  Sad
Al Jazeera and CNN both appearing on Freesat site under News and Sport. But guide data for news channels isn't that important I guess..... Wink
(2019-01-21, 18:21)phunkyfish Wrote: You could try the default skin and see do you see any issues. If the info when you drill into the epg entry is correct then that's the full set of data pulled from from the STB so the issue must be elsewhere.
Yup, have tried 3 skins including the default and all displaying the same behaviour as described previously.
(2019-01-21, 19:05)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-01-21, 18:19)phunkyfish Wrote: Of those channels I think only Movies 4 Men is on Freesat.
Ahhh yes, Channel 4 had a disagreement with Freesat and they removed Channel 4 HD from the Freesat Line-Up. However, it can along with the Paramount Network still be manually tuned on any STB without too much fuss. Details of frequency for Paramount Network (Including Ireland) here:-
https://www.a516digital.com/2018/07/how-...rk-uk.html
Sony Movies has been part of the official channel line up on Freesat for a few months now. Loads of bloody adverts though.  Sad
Al Jazeera and CNN both appearing on Freesat site under News and Sport. But guide data for news channels isn't that important I guess..... Wink

Al jazeera eng and CNN International are on Freesat. Al Jazeera and CNN are not.
(2019-01-21, 19:07)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-01-21, 18:21)phunkyfish Wrote: You could try the default skin and see do you see any issues. If the info when you drill into the epg entry is correct then that's the full set of data pulled from from the STB so the issue must be elsewhere.
Yup, have tried 3 skins including the default and all displaying the same behaviour as described previously.

Do you have screenshots using the default skin?
(2019-01-15, 00:52)phunkyfish Wrote: On second thought will probably just use timeradd for everything. By eventid doesn’t add any benefit.
I noticed that you have fix this #174 at version 3.17.0.

Do you know when it will be published?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3