• 20(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2019-02-13, 17:37)djnata Wrote: Uhm,ok... I will try.

Also see if you can you can play the sample in VLC or some other player.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
@garret the latest nightlies have the working fix for the crash loop issue you had on libreElec.
Hi!

After changing to Kodi Leia and switching from the vu+ to the enigma addon, streaming only works, if the box (dreambox 800 hd se) is running (not in standby).
When using Kodi 17.6 and the vu+ addon, streaming also worked when the box (dreambox 800 hd se) was in standby (normal standby, not deep standby).

I something wrong with my settings, or is this normal?

thanks
(2019-02-14, 14:55)Momo90 Wrote: Hi!

After changing to Kodi Leia and switching from the vu+ to the enigma addon, streaming only works, if the box (dreambox 800 hd se) is running (not in standby).
When using Kodi 17.6 and the vu+ addon, streaming also worked when the box (dreambox 800 hd se) was in standby (normal standby, not deep standby).

thanks
If you are using a dreambox you will need to be on version 3.17.0 of the addon. What version are you currently using?
Smile 
(2019-02-14, 22:16)phunkyfish Wrote:

thanks
If you are using a dreambox you will need to be on version 3.17.0 of the addon. What version are you currently using? 
 I am using 3.17.0
(2019-02-15, 09:26)Momo90 Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 22:16)phunkyfish Wrote:

thanks
 I am using 3.17.0   
 Ok, then please supply a full debug log. You'll find instructions in my signature. Unfortunately I don't have a dreambox and there are subtle differences between them and other Enigma2 devices. With the debug log and some other info from you I should be able to make a fix. Sound ok?

Obviously the full debug log should be when your device is in standby Wink
Great! I'll submit the logs asap!
@phunkyfish please find the log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/luforibila
(2019-02-16, 11:51)Momo90 Wrote: @phunkyfish please find the log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/luforibila
 You have this error in your log: 

Code:
Enigma2 Client: pvr.vuplus - enigma2::utilities::WebUtils::SendSimpleCommand Error message from backend: 'Cannot zap while device is in Standby'

I.e. your device does not allow zapping while in standby (which makes perfect sense). Go the to the addon settings and set "Channels->General->Zap before channel switch" to off.
Fantastic! It works now! Thanks!

One more thing: in the advanced tab of the Enigma2 addon the option "send powerstate on addon exit" exists. It is not possible to select, that the box leaves its state as it is. Could this be added?
Did something change on the last update on the timer side?
Prior to version 3.17, I would generally surf my guide on a weekly basis and set all my timers by selecting the record item on the context menu. I would then go to the timer settings and change the timer type to 'One time' and manually change the start and finish times to account for timer padding. With the latest version (3.17), I am unable to change the recording type in the timer settings anymore, thus unable to change my start and finish times.
There is an option to set padding, but when I check to see if padding has been applied afterwards it's always blank, so not sure if its been applied or not. Unfortunately there is currently no info label available in Kodi for the timer padding. If there was, I could show this information on the timer screen and know for sure that padding times had been applied.
Is there a setting in the latest update that I need to change in order for me to continue setting timers in the way that I have been doing for the past 5/6 years? I a quick flick through the PVR settings, but couldn't immediately see anything that I could change.
(2019-02-16, 15:35)Momo90 Wrote: Fantastic! It works now! Thanks!

One more thing: in the advanced tab of the Enigma2 addon the option "send powerstate on addon exit" exists. It is not possible to select, that the box leaves its state as it is. Could this be added?
 The fix above for zap is a workaround. There will be a permanent fix in 3.17.1 so you can still use zap on channel change and it will be ignored in standby mode (it's just ignore's any error in standby mode).

For send powerstate on exit just set it to disabled. Then it will send nothing. If what you mean is only send it if it's in a another state that's harder to do. Currently the addon has no record of the current state of your device. For instance, if it's in deep standby the network is off so I can't tell.
@Momo90 Can you send me the out of your device for your different use cases when putting this URL in a browser: http://192.168.1.201/web/powerstate
(2019-02-16, 15:45)Dumyat Wrote: Did something change on the last update on the timer side?
Prior to version 3.17, I would generally surf my guide on a weekly basis and set all my timers by selecting the record item on the context menu. I would then go to the timer settings and change the timer type to 'One time' and manually change the start and finish times to account for timer padding. With the latest version (3.17), I am unable to change the recording type in the timer settings anymore, thus unable to change my start and finish times.
There is an option to set padding, but when I check to see if padding has been applied afterwards it's always blank, so not sure if its been applied or not. Unfortunately there is currently no info label available in Kodi for the timer padding. If there was, I could show this information on the timer screen and know for sure that padding times had been applied.
Is there a setting in the latest update that I need to change in order for me to continue setting timers in the way that I have been doing for the past 5/6 years? I a quick flick through the PVR settings, but couldn't immediately see anything that I could change.

There was a bug in the timer types code which meant there were all messed up so in 3.17 I cleaned them up. It's of course possible I excluded your use case in error. If you could detail with screen shots what behaviour you are missing I can try and restore what you want now that the code is fixed.

Most users set the padding on the Enigma2 device (assuming you always use the same padding) instead of using Kodi as for Enigma2 devices there is no notion of padding when setting up timers so it's done by editing start and end times. This is problematic as start and end times can compound padding which can be very confusing.

There is also a default padding setting in the main PVR settings in Kodi but it suffers from the same compounding problem as setting them locally.

Am I right in saying you want to change a “One time guide-based” timer to a manual timer? One time guide based would be fine if you could set the padding (this may or may not be a bug, I'll have to look into it).
(2019-02-16, 16:53)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 15:45)Dumyat Wrote:  
 There was a bug in the timer types code which meant there were all messed up so in 3.17 I cleaned them up. It's of course possible I excluded your use case in error. If you could detail with screen shots what behaviour you are missing I can try and restore what you want now that the code is fixed.

Most users set the padding on the Enigma2 device (assuming you always use the same padding) instead of using Kodi as for Enigma2 devices there is no notion of padding when setting up timers so it's done by editing start and end times. This is problematic as start and end times can compound padding which can be very confusing.

There is also a default padding setting in the main PVR settings in Kodi but it suffers from the same compounding problem as setting them locally.

Am I right in saying you want to change a “One time guide-based” timer to a manual timer? One time guide based would be fine if you could set the padding (this may or may not be a bug, I'll have to look into it).         
Yeah, I wasn't sure if the global padding setting worked or not. I can change the padding on the timer settings (below), but when you enter the same screen after you've set the padding, those fields are always blank. So I'm not sure if that means the padding has been set correctly and Kodi is just not retaining/displaying the padding times you previously entered or if it means that the padding fields on the timer settings don't actually work. I haven't actually tested with any recordings to see what happens.
Same with setting up padding on the STB, I haven't tested that either. I know we've spoken about that setting previously but couldn't remember exactly what the outcome of that conversation was. 
I suppose because I've always set recordings up this way, I've kind of got used to doing it now. The option I'm referring to is first option (above the enabled button). I'm pretty sure prior to the release of 3.17, if this button was disabled, I could then select from the option above and got 2 options for 'One Time' (presumably for each tuner)? Think there was also a third option for a timer rulel and a forth for a one time guide-based. I don't generally use these 2 options.

But if I can set my padding up on the STB, as it's always set to same times and that works as expected, then maybe that's a better solution. I must admit it can be a bit of a chore each week setting timers the way I have been doing it, but at least I know that method works, even it is bit of extra work.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3