Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
(2019-02-17, 19:58)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 17:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 16:17)phunkyfish Wrote:  
I doubt it with E2, they never change the EPG setup. All it does currently is lookup tvdb/tmdb sites when you access a program. What's the reason for wanting this? Is kodi scraping not working for you?    
PVR artwork in not currently supported in Kodi. Well, not in the traditional sense where a scraper will fetch the images/URL link and store them. Users have to use the Skin Helper Script if they want PVR artwork. That's fine, but it's after fact, ie after the guide data has loaded. Images can often be slow to load and for player artwork a 2nd web service is required that doesn't have as many artwork images. The script also searches the local video library first to see if any artwork is available there. Currently, the addon is not very well maintained due to the developer being busy with real life stuff, which is another factor.
So I was looking for a solution where the E2 backend would fetch the artwork images and thus load them at the same time as the guide data and not have to rely on a separate addon for doing that job.
I know a few backend's already support this feature already (TVH, nextPVR and TV Mosiac), but are generally limited to fanart images only AFAIK. I like to use poster artwork, because they are generally all the same size, are more widely supported than fanart images so less blanks are returned and they also avoid any potential spoilers for TV shows)
So yes, I do get artwork currently, but I'm always hoping there is maybe a better solution somewhere. But from you've said, I guess it's unlikely that the E2 backend will ever support such a feature.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again - by Dumyat - 2019-02-17, 23:27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.