• 21(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
Setting it on the STB is exactly what I do, then it’s automatic.

The padding values per timer in kodi may only work when you create a timer. I don’t think I ever tested them on updating a timer. I’ll look into that.

The important thing to remember is that setting padding values is once off, e.g. if you set start padding to 5 mins and end padding to 10 mins then for a program running from 16:00 to 17:00 the run time will be 15:55 to 17:10. If you edit the timer you will see zero in the padding values as they have already been applied to the start and end times. If you set them to the same values again then the run time would change to 15:50 and 17:20. Make sense?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Aye, makes perfect sense.
I'll give that a try on a few recordings.
I normally have a start time of 5mins before and a end time of 30min-45mins after. As far as I can remember my STB can only be set for 30mins or 60mins after the programme, so may have to opt for 60mins. The BBC in particular have a rather annoying habit of over running on the previous show on quite a regular basis. Then I just edit/cut the bits of video at the start/end of the recordings I don't need.
(2019-02-17, 00:51)Dumyat Wrote: Aye, makes perfect sense.
I'll give that a try on a few recordings.
I normally have a start time of 5mins before and a end time of 30min-45mins after. As far as I can remember my STB can only be set for 30mins or 60mins after the programme, so may have to opt for 60mins. The BBC in particular have a rather annoying habit of over running on the previous show on quite a regular basis. Then I just edit/cut the bits of video at the start/end of the recordings I don't need.

As of 3.17 the addon supports EDL files. So if you use Comskip you can remove ads and intervals. Doesn’t work too well on the BBC as they have no ads though.
@phunkyfish 

Disabling the powerstate was, what I was looking for. Thanks for the hint. Funny thing: i am unsing german language in Kodi. The disable option in german is "Aussschalten", which also means "power off". So I thought this option powers off the box, instead of disabling the powerstate option Rofl

Standby:
Code:
<e2powerstate>
<e2instandby>true</e2instandby>
</e2powerstate>

Power on:
Code:
<e2powerstate>
<e2instandby>false</e2instandby>
</e2powerstate>
(2019-02-17, 09:42)Momo90 Wrote: @phunkyfish 

Disabling the powerstate was, what I was looking for. Thanks for the hint. Funny thing: i am unsing german language in Kodi. The disable option in german is "Aussschalten", which also means "power off". So I thought this option powers off the box, instead of disabling the powerstate option Rofl

Standby:
Code:
<e2powerstate>
<e2instandby>true</e2instandby>
</e2powerstate>

Power on:
Code:
<e2powerstate>
<e2instandby>false</e2instandby>
</e2powerstate>

Ah, the language files are auto translated using a tool called transifix. Clearly it’s not perfect Wink

Documentation for the addon is here: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/b.../README.md which should help you find the right options.
@Dumyat I've also fixed the padding so if you want to continue using it the way you have been that will be possible in 3.17.1. In addition it was also store the padding separately in the tags for the timer so modifying the padding won't be confusing if you use the Kodi PVR UI for it. You also won’t need to change to a manual timer, just change the padding on the once off Guide based timer.
(2019-02-17, 16:17)phunkyfish Wrote: @Dumyat I've also fixed the padding so if you want to continue using it the way you have been that will be possible in 3.17.1. In addition it was also store the padding separately in the tags for the timer so modifying the padding won't be confusing if you use the Kodi PVR UI for it. You also won’t need to change to a manual timer, just change the padding on the once off Guide based timer.
YaY!.....That's super. I will give it a try when the update becomes available.
I will have to give the EDL feature a spin as well. I've been using Video ReDo since 2006 for editing my TV recordings, but their commercial removal feature never seems to quite work when I've tried in past. But it's excellent at cutting and re-encoding. A 3GB HD TV show can be trimmed and re-encoded in about 1.5 mins. It's the quickest software I've ever used for doing the job, so that's why I've stuck with it all these years. 

Quick question. Do you think Openwebif could ever support scrapping TV poster and fanart artwork for programmes listed in the E2 guide using either the TVDB or TMDB sites? 

Many thanks again for the update on the timer padding. Much appreciated.
Cheers
(2019-02-17, 17:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 16:17)phunkyfish Wrote: @Dumyat I've also fixed the padding so if you want to continue using it the way you have been that will be possible in 3.17.1. In addition it was also store the padding separately in the tags for the timer so modifying the padding won't be confusing if you use the Kodi PVR UI for it. You also won’t need to change to a manual timer, just change the padding on the once off Guide based timer.
YaY!.....That's super. I will give it a try when the update becomes available.
I will have to give the EDL feature a spin as well. I've been using Video ReDo since 2006 for editing my TV recordings, but their commercial removal feature never seems to quite work when I've tried in past. But it's excellent at cutting and re-encoding. A 3GB HD TV show can be trimmed and re-encoded in about 1.5 mins. It's the quickest software I've ever used for doing the job, so that's why I've stuck with it all these years. 

Quick question. Do you think Openwebif could ever support scrapping TV poster and fanart artwork for programmes listed in the E2 guide using either the TVDB or TMDB sites? 

Many thanks again for the update on the timer padding. Much appreciated.
Cheers 

Comskip works well for commercials.

I doubt it with E2, they never change the EPG setup. All it does currently is lookup tvdb/tmdb sites when you access a program. What's the reason for wanting this? Is kodi scraping not working for you?
(2019-02-17, 19:58)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 17:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-17, 16:17)phunkyfish Wrote:  
I doubt it with E2, they never change the EPG setup. All it does currently is lookup tvdb/tmdb sites when you access a program. What's the reason for wanting this? Is kodi scraping not working for you?    
PVR artwork in not currently supported in Kodi. Well, not in the traditional sense where a scraper will fetch the images/URL link and store them. Users have to use the Skin Helper Script if they want PVR artwork. That's fine, but it's after fact, ie after the guide data has loaded. Images can often be slow to load and for player artwork a 2nd web service is required that doesn't have as many artwork images. The script also searches the local video library first to see if any artwork is available there. Currently, the addon is not very well maintained due to the developer being busy with real life stuff, which is another factor.
So I was looking for a solution where the E2 backend would fetch the artwork images and thus load them at the same time as the guide data and not have to rely on a separate addon for doing that job.
I know a few backend's already support this feature already (TVH, nextPVR and TV Mosiac), but are generally limited to fanart images only AFAIK. I like to use poster artwork, because they are generally all the same size, are more widely supported than fanart images so less blanks are returned and they also avoid any potential spoilers for TV shows)
So yes, I do get artwork currently, but I'm always hoping there is maybe a better solution somewhere. But from you've said, I guess it's unlikely that the E2 backend will ever support such a feature.
I think it’s easier to wait for Kodi to support PVR artwork, I’m sure it’s in the queue to be done at some point. There just isn’t a use case for it on E2 as you can access artwork one show at a time if using the STB as the interface. Plus it’s overkill for many E2 boxes. Some people have 1000’s of channels which would mean downloading an awful lot, added to that you can only watch one at a time so a waste percentage of 99.9%.
(2019-02-18, 00:14)phunkyfish Wrote: I think it’s easier to wait for Kodi to support PVR artwork, I’m sure it’s in the queue to be done at some point. There just isn’t a use case for it on E2 as you can access artwork one show at a time if using the STB as the interface. Plus it’s overkill for many E2 boxes. Some people have 1000’s of channels which would mean downloading an awful lot, added to that you can only watch one at a time so a waste percentage of 99.9%.
Absolutely no worries. 
Just wishful thinking on my part, without properly considering the downside effects you have described. PVR artwork will not appeal to everybody, but for the overall media centre experience I still think there is a place for it. Hopefully, one day the feature will be added by Team Kodi in some shape or form. Until then, I'm certainly happy enough to continue as I am presently.
(2019-02-18, 13:29)Dumyat Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 00:14)phunkyfish Wrote: I think it’s easier to wait for Kodi to support PVR artwork, I’m sure it’s in the queue to be done at some point. There just isn’t a use case for it on E2 as you can access artwork one show at a time if using the STB as the interface. Plus it’s overkill for many E2 boxes. Some people have 1000’s of channels which would mean downloading an awful lot, added to that you can only watch one at a time so a waste percentage of 99.9%.
Absolutely no worries. 
Just wishful thinking on my part, without properly considering the downside effects you have described. PVR artwork will not appeal to everybody, but for the overall media centre experience I still think there is a place for it. Hopefully, one day the feature will be added by Team Kodi in some shape or form. Until then, I'm certainly happy enough to continue as I am presently. 
 https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/pull/182
Quick update. I changed the timer padding settings on my STB earlier today. Start time with padding of 5mins and End time of 45mins. Then set a couple of test recordings up for this afternoon in Kodi, but unfortunately the padding settings from the STB were not applied to either recording. Have just set another timer directly from the STB which did show the correct timer padding and after starting Kodi the recording is also showing as being set and with the correct padding applied.
Im guessing this not the same behaviour you experience when setting up a recording from Kodi (ie, the correct timer padding from your STB is applied).
I thought once you clicked record from the context menu in Kodi, any timer padding set on the STB would also be applied? Maybe there is something different for my STB device/image that is preventing Kodi from picking up the timer padding info?
(2019-02-18, 21:53)Dumyat Wrote: Quick update. I changed the timer padding settings on my STB earlier today. Start time with padding of 5mins and End time of 45mins. Then set a couple of test recordings up for this afternoon in Kodi, but unfortunately the padding settings from the STB were not applied to either recording. Have just set another timer directly from the STB which did show the correct timer padding and after starting Kodi the recording is also showing as being set and with the correct padding applied.
Im guessing this not the same behaviour you experience when setting up a recording from Kodi (ie, the correct timer padding from your STB is applied).
I thought once you clicked record from the context menu in Kodi, any timer padding set on the STB would also be applied? Maybe there is something different for my STB device/image that is preventing Kodi from picking up the timer padding info?

Hmmm, so I only use this with autotimers so I’d never tested it with regular timers. Just checked it there and your correct, so this is a bug. Fixed in next version.
(2019-02-18, 23:44)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-02-18, 21:53)Dumyat Wrote:  
Hmmm, so I only use this with autotimers so I’d never tested it with regular timers. Just checked it there and your correct, so this is a bug. Fixed in next version.  
That's marvellous. Thanks very much  Smile
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3