• 29(current)
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
Ok, let me have a look at this. I believe the backend channel numbers are set correctly but it’s not something I use myself so let me do some tests.

So in your case every channel has a unique channel number and they reside in different bouquets?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Ok, so the addon currently sets the backend channel number to the same value as it’s index. So it doesn’t use the backend value at all.

Can you provide a list of your bouquets and channels as a reference?

The biggest issue I see is that if a channel exists in multiple bouquets which channel number would be used?

Added to that I’m not sure how to retrieve the backend channel number. Prior to V3 the channel numbers were set in the same way so I’m unsure how this worked before.
I used to use two bouquets with some channels being in both of them. But, at the moment I've deleted the favourites bouquet so there's only one left just to keep things simple.

The current list is available on this site: https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/zenderoverzicht/

So I guess that the pre V3 version was somehow able to retrieve these numbers...?
This is what I can’t figure out. I don’t see anywhere in the old codebase where these channels numbers were set.

But if it worked for you it must be the case. I never used V2 so no frame of reference.
Nevermind how this worked prior to Kodi 18, I'm very confused by it but all that really matter is fixing it now!

Openwebif introduced a new API in version 1.3.5 that contains the channel number. I had this in an old branch and it never got added. The next release will have this added.

Note that the channel number will be used for the first occurrence when read from the set top box. So if you use a master list make sure it's the first bouquet read.

If you want to check the bouquet order you can check the openwebif api:

Code:
http://<you-ip>/web/getservices

or the json api

Code:
http://<you-ip>/api/getservices?provider=1&picon=1

You will only see the channel number (called "pos") in the json api.
Sorry to jump into the middle of this thread, but, I have just installed Kodi on an Android FireStick and was trying to follow instructions so I could connect to my Vu+ satellite box. I got as far as My Add-ons, but, could not see the "Vu/Enigma Client" one that I was looking for.

Can someone help with instructions for how I do this, please? Thanks
v3.23.0 released:
- Added: Support settings levels via the current kodi settings level
- Added: Fallback EPG Entries for Timers
- Added: Support backend channel numbers using Openwebif
(2019-04-27, 17:27)MysteryMan99 Wrote: Sorry to jump into the middle of this thread, but, I have just installed Kodi on an Android FireStick and was trying to follow instructions so I could connect to my Vu+ satellite box. I got as far as My Add-ons, but, could not see the "Vu/Enigma Client" one that I was looking for.

You will find it under “Enigma2”. The name was changed as VU+ is not the only manufacturer of hardware.
(2019-04-27, 19:05)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 17:27)MysteryMan99 Wrote: Sorry to jump into the middle of this thread, but, I have just installed Kodi on an Android FireStick and was trying to follow instructions so I could connect to my Vu+ satellite box. I got as far as My Add-ons, but, could not see the "Vu/Enigma Client" one that I was looking for.

You will find it under “Enigma2”. The name was changed as VU+ is not the only manufacturer of hardware. 
Great, thanks! I have found it and installed. It is running, but, not working for me, yet - I guess I need to do more configuration!

In terms of channels then it has picked up these OK BBC1, BBC2, etc. and seems to know what programmes are showing - however, if I click on any then it does not display the picture.

For recordings, I have set the path to be "hdd/movie/", as this is what I used to ftp files to the Vu+ box. When I select "Recordings" in Kodi then it just shows ".." and not the folder containing recordings - have I got the syntax wrong?

Any help is much appreciated!
It should work just fine, all should need to set up is the IP address and everything else should work with defaults.

So just remove what you set for recordings.
(2019-04-27, 21:08)phunkyfish Wrote: It should work just fine, all should need to set up is the IP address and everything else should work with defaults.

So just remove what you set for recordings.

Thanks, yes, it is working great now......a cracking piece of software and am very grateful that you have created it!

Where I was going wrong....
  1. Not doing a long press to select the channel to watch
  2. Assuming it would pick up recordings I had copied into sub-folders of hdd/movie. Once I copied into hdd/movie then it picked up my files fine
My final two questions.....
  1. I have a motorised dish attached to the Vu+ and use it to watch channels on 19.2E, 13E & 1W. So far, I can only see channels on 28.2E - is it possible to access these other satellites through the add-on?
  2. It would be wonderful if the "Recordings" could be picked up from hdd/movie plus any sub-folders below that - is that possible to set up?
Thanks again  Big Grin
(2019-04-28, 10:09)MysteryMan99 Wrote:  
  • I have a motorised dish attached to the Vu+ and use it to watch channels on 19.2E, 13E & 1W. So far, I can only see channels on 28.2E - is it possible to access these other satellites through the add-on?
  • It would be wonderful if the "Recordings" could be picked up from hdd/movie plus any sub-folders below that - is that possible to set up?
Thanks again  Big Grin
[/list] 

Have you set this up using all groups or only one group for the channels? The addon should support any bouquets/groups you have on your STB. What platform are you running Kodi on?

On recordings it should be possible. How are these sub folders configured on your STB. I.e. are they self created or are they locations set up on the Enigma2 device? 

All of what you are looking for should be supported out of the box without any changes outside of setting the IP address of your STB.

You could try pastbebin'ing the output of
Code:
http://<your-ip>/web/movielist
and I can look at it further. The api call is what is used to populate the recordings in the addon.

EDIT: For the other satellite channels you might need to change channel group, go to guide and they should be displayed across the top of the screen.
(2019-04-26, 15:52)phunkyfish Wrote: Nevermind how this worked prior to Kodi 18, I'm very confused by it but all that really matter is fixing it now!

Openwebif introduced a new API in version 1.3.5 that contains the channel number. I had this in an old branch and it never got added. The next release will have this added.

Note that the channel number will be used for the first occurrence when read from the set top box. So if you use a master list make sure it's the first bouquet read.

Wow! Thanks for the quick update! Do you have any idea when it will become available via the Kodi repo? Kodi says 3.22 is the latest.

Otherwise I'll do a manual update.
(2019-04-28, 12:26)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2019-04-28, 10:09)MysteryMan99 Wrote:  
  • I have a motorised dish attached to the Vu+ and use it to watch channels on 19.2E, 13E & 1W. So far, I can only see channels on 28.2E - is it possible to access these other satellites through the add-on?
  • It would be wonderful if the "Recordings" could be picked up from hdd/movie plus any sub-folders below that - is that possible to set up?
Thanks again  Big Grin
[/list] 

Have you set this up using all groups or only one group for the channels? The addon should support any bouquets/groups you have on your STB. What platform are you running Kodi on?

On recordings it should be possible. How are these sub folders configured on your STB. I.e. are they self created or are they locations set up on the Enigma2 device? 

All of what you are looking for should be supported out of the box without any changes outside of setting the IP address of your STB.

You could try pastbebin'ing the output of
Code:
http://<your-ip>/web/movielist
and I can look at it further. The api call is what is used to populate the recordings in the addon.

EDIT: For the other satellite channels you might need to change channel group, go to guide and they should be displayed across the top of the screen. 
Thanks.

I am running Kodi on an Android TV.

Not sure about groups/bouquets on STB....will have to investigate.

The sub-folders were created using Filezilla, connected to STB.

The output of http://<your-ip>/web/movielist is:

<e2movielist>
<e2movie>
<e2servicereference>
4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:/media/hdd/movie/24 - Day 7 - [7x01].mkv
</e2servicereference>
<e2title>24 - Day 7 - [7x01].mkv</e2title>
<e2description/>
<e2descriptionextended/>
<e2servicename/>
<e2time>1556438297</e2time>
<e2length>?:??</e2length>
<e2tags/>
<e2filename>/media/hdd/movie/24 - Day 7 - [7x01].mkv</e2filename>
<e2filesize>136647755</e2filesize>
</e2movie>
</e2movielist>
(2019-04-28, 17:02)Peekstra Wrote: Wow! Thanks for the quick update! Do you have any idea when it will become available via the Kodi repo? Kodi says 3.22 is the latest.

Otherwise I'll do a manual update.

PR was merged yesterday so usually in and around 24 hours. If you do a manual update make sure you use the Leia branch.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3