Nvidia Shield TV - Leia Beta 3 - HDR not working with auto refresh/res switch.
Nightly build version 20180916 can solve your issue. But newer version is broken in this regard. 10 bit HDR video cannot be recognised correctly by LG TV.
It's not a LG TV issues nor a Nvidia Shield issue, but a Kodi Leia issue.
Same problem here with beta3 and Nvidia Shield 2017. Sometimes stop/restart fixes the Problem.
So, has anyone tried beta4 yet? Is it fixed?

Thanks!
No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sadly not
I found a way to solve that problem. If 10bit HDR image you find wash out, you just directly click back button from your remote and don't need to pause for your movie. And then washed out movie would run on the background. You open your same movie once again. The washed out image completely solved.
(2018-10-29, 05:37)andydandan Wrote: I found a way to solve that problem. If 10bit HDR image you find wash out, you just directly click back button from your remote and don't need to pause for your movie. And then washed out movie would run on the background. You open your same movie once again. The washed out image completely solved.
 thanks alot, works here too like this Wink lets hope they get it solved
Same issue. I’ve had some succes with hdr movies playing correctly when I fast forward the movie a few minutes, stop playback and then selecting resume playback. Most of the time it seems HDR is Ok. Could just be luck, though. The sad thing is the beta installed for me automatically this week, whic I don’t understand. Having to revert back to kodi 17 is a huge chore, however. My favourite theme eminence also doesn’t work on kodi 18...
I too have been encountering this problem. Thanks for the workarounds.
Seems to be fixed in nightly 02.11.2018
TVHeadend 4.2 (libreelec) on Intel DH77EB, Intel G1610 CPU, 4GB RAM ,Corsair 4GB, 4 DVB-C Tuner L4M-Flex + Twin CT. Qnap TVS-873 per NFS als Aufnahmefreigabe. HDMI HTPC -> Denon AVR-4300H -> LG 65B6D
Client: Kodi Leia on Shield 16GB Client: RP2 Libreelec Kodi Leia
Yes, I noticed this as well... 
Thanks to the developers!
I just loaded up beta 5 and it seems to be fixed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield TV - Leia Beta 3 - HDR not working with auto refresh/res switch.2