• 100(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2021-01-10, 11:50)fritsch Wrote: Nope, not here. Though: Please use nightlies. We are aiming towards RC1 in a very fast speed, therefore only "fixes" are allowed in master anyways. No need to use Beta2, grap a nightly, test it, file the issues. This is the only way that we have a chance to get that fixed with v19.

@fritsch using the nightlies, I am having the same issues on multiple different FireTV Sticks in multiple homes.

The issue that is occuring is after a resume, when the Kodi icon is clicked, a black screen only appears.  If I move the cursor using the remote, I hear the sound that is heard when you move from one selection to another in Kodi, however nothing displays on the screen.

Any thoughts on what information I would be able to provide to help diagnose this issue?
does anyone can suggest an ethernet adapter with hub usb 3.0 ? 

I have a gigabit lan (yes i know that speed is limited due to usb2 port)
(2021-01-20, 15:29)Roby77 Wrote: does anyone can suggest an ethernet adapter with hub usb 3.0 ? 

I'm using this to extend the storage and use wired ethernet.
https://www.ugreen.com/products/usb-3-0-...t-ethernet
You can find it in most online shops.
I only get 100 Mbps though, not worse than wifi still (although wifi reports 300 Mbps, but actual throughput is only around 100 Mbps as well).
Thank you, strange that you get only 100 Mbps on gigabit instead of 400 mbps ca

Maybe chipset is not full compatible with firestick ?  ( i read that some ethernet adapter are not compatbile with firestick)
(2021-01-20, 16:14)Roby77 Wrote: Thank you, strange that you get only 100 Mbps on gigabit instead of 400 mbps ca

Maybe chipset is not full compatible with firestick ?  ( i read that some ethernet adapter are not compatbile with firestick)
Don't know for sure either.
Yeah ... it is NOT enough to play the sample clips (m2ts) of 4K HDR with DV and Atmos smoothly without buffering.
Hello everybody, I have a fire stick TV 4k with last nightly kodi 19 but I can't get kodi to send lpcm audio.

Setup is : Fire TV 4k > Marantz AVR SR6013 > LG OLED 55B8
Audio Fire TV Setup is : Best available , Firmware is 6.2.7.6 (blocked updates in router)
In kodi I put 5.1 optimized, I check passthrough for except DTS-HD because I know the fire TV 4k can't passthrough DTS HDMA.

Then I play a file with DTS-HDMA, so it should be pcm because I didn't check DTS-HD passthrough but my AVR shows DTS instead of pcm (so I imagine kodi is still sending DTS core which is not good and pcm would be better ?). When I play the file if I go to audio settings I see that passthrough is still checked (even if unchecked in main audio setting menu) ? 
If I uncheck it while playing the file I get dolby digital +. I'm getting crazy..

Here is my debug playing DTS-HDMA file : hastebin - DEBUG FILE
Disable DTS and it will be output as PCM, else DTS core will be used. Every DTS-HD-MA carries a CORE in it, as you said kodi should output DTS, kodi will do what you told it.

There is no such setting to say: If you can't do DTS-HD, please output 7.1 Channel PCM, but if it's just DTS use DTS.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2021-01-23, 14:49)fritsch Wrote: Disable DTS and it will be output as PCM, else DTS core will be used. Every DTS-HD-MA carries a CORE in it, as you said kodi should output DTS, kodi will do what you told it.

There is no such setting to say: If you can't do DTS-HD, please output 7.1 Channel PCM, but if it's just DTS use DTS.

Wow, didn't expect a fast answer like this one thank you for helping. So I just tried also disabling DTS pass through in kodi but I still don't get PCM, I get dolby digital + instead.. 

Here is the new log file : ecovibidox.kodi (paste)
(2021-01-23, 15:33)Drgit Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 14:49)fritsch Wrote: Disable DTS and it will be output as PCM, else DTS core will be used. Every DTS-HD-MA carries a CORE in it, as you said kodi should output DTS, kodi will do what you told it.

Wow, didn't expect a fast answer like this one thank you for helping. So I just tried also disabling DTS pass through in kodi but I still don't get PCM, I get dolby digital + instead.. 

Here is the new log file : ecovibidox.kodi (paste)
Don't know if it'll help but I managed to get PCM by checking stéréo only in fire tv 4k audio setting. Now when I start KODI the audio output goes to RAW and i greyed out so I can't change it, but I lose passthrough.
(2021-01-23, 15:52)Drgit Wrote: Don't know if it'll help but I managed to get PCM by checking stéréo only in fire tv 4k audio setting. Now when I start KODI the audio output goes to RAW and i greyed out so I can't change it, but I lose passthrough.

If I understand correctly, fritsch recently switched back to int from float output so that Kodi on the new CCwGTV can do PCM, and I believe a side-effect is that you have to set the Fire Stick 4K to stereo to get PCM out of Kodi. Also, after setting it to stereo, I've found the stick is now limited to 5.1 channel PCM, whereas before, it could do 7.1. This is for Amazon OS 6.2.7.6 and earlier, as 6.2.7.7 is totally messed up.
I bought two usb hub 3.0 + ethernet adapter

Cable Matter and Amazobasics
https://www.amazon.it/Cable-Matters-Supe...B073X66DFN
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07V7QSW4V/

Both use realtek 8153 chipset

Speed are good....about 360 down and 190 upload (via pc 950/190)

Chosen Amazonbasics due to metal case (better dissipation) and cable matters hub sometimes doesn't work correctly (maybe defective)
(2021-01-20, 15:29)Roby77 Wrote: does anyone can suggest an ethernet adapter with hub usb 3.0 ? 

it would be a lot easier in the long run to just invest in a half-way decent AC or AX wireless router.  the wifi on the firestick is quite fast and you can run a pretty accurate speedtest using the netflix app ( not sure about others )
the only real reason to use a hub is to direct connect external storage options but again, linking to a network share also a much easier option usually
I already have a fritz box AC router (7530) but Firestick works fine with 5 GHz only with a certain radio channel speed (36-40) around 100-240 Mbps With 100-128 the speed of the radio channel is better but sometimes Firestick lost signal to 5GHz and switch to 2.4GHz (See> https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0...ork-solved)  things get worse after connecting Firestick to avr (with 1 mt of hdmi extension cable) .. because the firestick is now positioned one meter further away
(2021-01-23, 16:51)crawfish Wrote:
(2021-01-23, 15:52)Drgit Wrote: Don't know if it'll help but I managed to get PCM by checking stéréo only in fire tv 4k audio setting. Now when I start KODI the audio output goes to RAW and i greyed out so I can't change it, but I lose passthrough.

If I understand correctly, fritsch recently switched back to int from float output so that Kodi on the new CCwGTV can do PCM, and I believe a side-effect is that you have to set the Fire Stick 4K to stereo to get PCM out of Kodi. Also, after setting it to stereo, I've found the stick is now limited to 5.1 channel PCM, whereas before, it could do 7.1. This is for Amazon OS 6.2.7.6 and earlier, as 6.2.7.7 is totally messed up.

Hey, you're right! This is great - 5.1 PCM works again (on 6.2.7.7 also). 7.1 never did work correctly (the side and rear channels were reversed).
(2021-01-26, 09:52)Luke M Wrote: Hey, you're right! This is great - 5.1 PCM works again (on 6.2.7.7 also). 7.1 never did work correctly (the side and rear channels were reversed).
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. While I only have 5.1 speakers, I used to have Kodi output 7.1 and let the AVR sort it out. It didn't matter for me, because the side and rear on a given side came out of the same speaker. I noticed the 7.1 "loss" because the indicators on my AVR changed after the float->int update.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3