• 88(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-11-28, 21:12)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 20:18)sirmedia Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 19:48)fritsch Wrote: "Long term" is a term that you should directly forget for a 50 dollar device. Long term is something that does not exist in tech :-)

Long term to me means upgrading every couple years which is fine at $50. If the CCGTV doesn't lock up on HDMI-CEC like my AFTV4K does frequently, it's an upgrade in itself.

Lock up in what way?  I've had the 4K Stick since they first came out, and I'm not aware of that issue.

As in total freeze/hard crash. Black screen, doesn't respond to the remote, doesn't respond to pings on the network. They only way to get it back is to pull the power. It's not a bad unit, Amazon replaced it for me, the replacement does the same thing. It's some incompatibility, some device must be sending some CEC command that it can't deal with, but that's no excuse to just lock up. As for the setup, it's plugged into a Denon AVR which is plugged into an LG TV. There's also a Chromecast 4K plugged into the same AVR which has no CEC issues. In general the setup works pretty well, I'm surprised that I can switch devices via CEC from the TV remote, control the volume on the AVR from the AFTV remote (no IR, just CEC) and all that. No need for a universal remote anymore. Except for the AFTV hard crashes. It is random, I can trigger them if I try many times from the AFTV settings, if I go to the menu and repeatedly toggle CEC on/off on the AFTV it will eventually lock up. I tried keeping an adb log going when I do this, but I don't see anything useful, it just stops and disconnects from the network.
Can anyone summarize this new audio issue I've been reading about for the last few weeks? I have Kodi set to fixed 7.1 output, and I'm getting multichannel PCM for everything just like before. I'd been using the fritsch builds, but I moved to the Matrix beta last week.  My Fire Stick 4K is running 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933), which I think is the latest firmware. It's set to "best available" or whatever that setting is called, not 2.0. My AVR is a Pioneer VSX-1124. Is this another YMMV issue?
(2020-11-29, 00:26)crawfish Wrote: I'm getting multichannel PCM for everything just like before
It depends what you mean by everything. I'm having problems with DTS and AAC 7.1, DD/DD+ seem OK.
You should also check that sound actually comes out of all speakers, don't rely only on what the AVR reports, it may get multichannel but surrounds could actually be silent.
(2020-11-29, 02:35)sirmedia Wrote: It depends what you mean by everything. I'm having problems with DTS and AAC 7.1, DD/DD+ seem OK.
You should also check that sound actually comes out of all speakers, don't rely only on what the AVR reports, it may get multichannel but surrounds could actually be silent.

By "everything" I meant everything, including DD, DTS, TrueHD, DTSMA, and AAC, and sound is indeed coming from all speakers. Yesterday, I even tried to induce the problem by changing Kodi from "Fixed output" to passthrough, and I couldn't get anything to transcode to DD. That which didn't pass through was output as 7.1 PCM.
(2020-11-29, 04:17)crawfish Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 02:35)sirmedia Wrote: It depends what you mean by everything. I'm having problems with DTS and AAC 7.1, DD/DD+ seem OK.

By "everything" I meant everything, including DD, DTS, TrueHD, DTSMA, and AAC, and sound is indeed coming from all speakers. Yesterday, I even tried to induce the problem by changing Kodi from "Fixed output" to passthrough, and I couldn't get anything to transcode to DD. That which didn't pass through was output as 7.1 PCM.
You're lucky. Don't touch anything Smile
(2020-11-29, 00:26)crawfish Wrote: Can anyone summarize this new audio issue I've been reading about for the last few weeks? I have Kodi set to fixed 7.1 output, and I'm getting multichannel PCM for everything just like before. I'd been using the fritsch builds, but I moved to the Matrix beta last week.  My Fire Stick 4K is running 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933), which I think is the latest firmware. It's set to "best available" or whatever that setting is called, not 2.0. My AVR is a Pioneer VSX-1124. Is this another YMMV issue?

Using this settings with fritschfiretv 10/24, i can only get DD+ 2.0 with every audio format on my denon. Either using Kodi IEC or RAW output device.
Besides AVR differences, perhaps it's unusual that my Fire Stick was only updated this week. It had been March 2020 since the last update. I don't know why it hadn't autoupdated in all that time, while my other stick did. It could be due to my disabling sleep, so that it stays on Kodi 24/7. I don't do that on my other stick, which doesn't run Kodi at all. In any case, the Kodi stick was working fine before the firmware update, and it continues to work fine. I was aware of the new audio issue and was afraid the update would mess me up, but it didn't.
(2020-11-29, 00:26)crawfish Wrote: Can anyone summarize this new audio issue I've been reading about for the last few weeks? I have Kodi set to fixed 7.1 output, and I'm getting multichannel PCM for everything just like before. I'd been using the fritsch builds, but I moved to the Matrix beta last week.  My Fire Stick 4K is running 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933), which I think is the latest firmware. It's set to "best available" or whatever that setting is called, not 2.0. My AVR is a Pioneer VSX-1124. Is this another YMMV issue?
To give you a summary as you asked: my passthrough settings work okay for DTS and DD but the Multichannel PCM for AAC 5.1 no longer works. Instead it just shows 2 channel stereo. The 'workaround' that's been previously talked about to change the AFTV sound settings to 2 channel stereo does some how affect the receiver where it will now display Multichannel on the AVR but I am missing the audio from the surrounds.  Others have said there surrounds work with this setting change...

I have the same software version on my AFTV 4k (6.2.7.7) so it looks like your setup survived the update. Out of the 3 of us that have mentioned our AVR's with this issue 2 Denons are not working and 1 Pioneer is okay. If your running any settings outside of the default that you think might affect this issue let us know.
(2020-11-29, 06:24)porter944 Wrote: If your running any settings outside of the default that you think might affect this issue let us know.

The only other thing I can think of is that I still have applydrc set to 0.0 in advancedsettings.xml, which I got from this message:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2870459
(2020-11-29, 13:27)crawfish Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 06:24)porter944 Wrote: If your running any settings outside of the default that you think might affect this issue let us know.

The only other thing I can think of is that I still have applydrc set to 0.0 in advancedsettings.xml, which I got from this message:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2870459

I tried out the applydrc setting and no change to the problem. If you think of anything else, let us know and I'll give it a try.
So, a couple of things I'm trying to figure out.

1) When I play an HDR video on YouTube, using the Kodi YouTube add-on, the Fire Stick doesn't correctly signal the TV to switch to HDR mode. (The same video played using the YouTube app correctly switches to HDR, so it's not an inherent hardware limitation. I don't want to use the YouTube app because it doesn't support frame rate switching!)

2) Is there a way to mount a remote NFS share at OS level and then have Kodi treat it as if it were part of the local filing system, rather than creating a Kodi level NFS source?

3) Is there any way to enable 4K playback through the Amazon VOD add-on?

4) Not a Kodi question exactly, but is there any accessory that will enable gigabit Ethernet? Or at least Ethernet which is limited only by USB 2.0 speed? I'm using the official Amazon Ethernet adapter, but it seems to be limited to 100Mbit/s, which isn't enough to play a particularly demanding 4K Blu Ray rip.

5) Can one enable frame-packed 3D output?

6) Is there any way to get 24Hz output? (I mean 24.000, not 23.976 - this is needed for some Netflix stuff).
(2020-11-29, 06:24)porter944 Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 00:26)crawfish Wrote: My Fire Stick 4K is running 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933), which I think is the latest firmware.
I have the same software version on my AFTV 4k (6.2.7.7)

Typo, or you have a link? Amazon states this to be last version
(2020-11-29, 21:17)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 06:24)porter944 Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 00:26)crawfish Wrote: My Fire Stick 4K is running 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933), which I think is the latest firmware.
I have the same software version on my AFTV 4k (6.2.7.7)

Typo, or you have a link? Amazon states this to be last version
sorry, typo. I have (6.2.7.6)
(2020-11-29, 21:01)Shasarak Wrote: So, a couple of things I'm trying to figure out.

1) When I play an HDR video on YouTube, using the Kodi YouTube add-on, the Fire Stick doesn't correctly signal the TV to switch to HDR mode. (The same video played using the YouTube app correctly switches to HDR, so it's not an inherent hardware limitation. I don't want to use the YouTube app because it doesn't support frame rate switching!)
Sideload the SmartTubeNext App and Nuke Google Advertising whilst doing so:

https://www.xda-developers.com/smarttube...ndroid-tv/

Quote:4) Not a Kodi question exactly, but is there any accessory that will enable gigabit Ethernet? Or at least Ethernet which is limited only by USB 2.0 speed? I'm using the official Amazon Ethernet adapter, but it seems to be limited to 100Mbit/s, which isn't enough to play a particularly demanding 4K Blu Ray rip.
See page #1 of this thread for a 480Mbps Ethernet adapter suggestion.

(2020-11-29, 21:01)Shasarak Wrote: 4) Not a Kodi question exactly, but is there any accessory that will enable gigabit Ethernet? Or at least Ethernet which is limited only by USB 2.0 speed? I'm using the official Amazon Ethernet adapter, but it seems to be limited to 100Mbit/s, which isn't enough to play a particularly demanding 4K Blu Ray rip.
What is the actual bitrate of the file? Do you think the AFTV4K hardware is capable of playing that high of a bitrate? Are you sure your limit is really the network?
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3