• 9(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
This thread is specifically about the 4K stick.
(2018-11-17, 12:42)Hitcher Wrote: From my NAS to Fire Stick using 5Ghz Wi-Fi I'm getting 180-190Mbps which is about 23MB/s.
 is that using the normal file manager in kodi? one thing I havent tested is if its the skin somehow.... 

don't suppose if you have a ethernet adaptor you can check the speeds?
Yes, Kodi file manager but a skin won't affect it.

No ethernet adapter I'm afraid.
I'm literally stumped.....

2 pc's on the network each can transfer between themselves at top speed, each connected to the same switch with an smb share to the firestick.... neither can get anywhere need the speed your seeing...

sigh Sad
**FIXED**

After a lot of checking i found an uplink cable from 2 switches to be the cause.... i can now play anything UHD over the network with no issue | buffering or anything Big Grin

what I would say though is that the firestick even using a 1 gig adaptor can only reach u/l and d/l speeds of 23 MB/s which is 185 Mbps... it should theoretically be able to reach up to 125 MB/s (or 1000 Mbps) maybe it's the hardware limitation!

Thanks to everyone who helped...
(2018-11-17, 12:42)Hitcher Wrote: From my NAS to Fire Stick using 5Ghz Wi-Fi I'm getting 180-190Mbps which is about 23MB/s.
Is there an app available to test wi-fi speed on Fire TV? Just ordered Stick 4K and want to see if wired using USB3 adapter would be better or just wireless.
From Kodi > Addons > Android apps > System status monitor > Enable System X-Ray.
Bad news about this little beast.

The audio does not sync when watching Amazon's own content. It is about 200ms out, audio ahead of the video.
All other apps are in sync (iPlayer, Kodi etc) so you cannot compensate for the AV offset without knocking the apps out.
Pretty pathetic.

Further, no matter the app the audio drops out for about a half second around 44 minutes through video playback. A noticeable dropout. This has occurred on Prime Video, iPlayer and Kodi.

With the sync issue I was resigned to using Kodi and the various apps, ignoring Prime content as the Stick is so cheap compared to its competition, but that dropout is a dealbreaker.

I've tried a full reset, running the Stick with various different settings - Dolby Plus off, on stereo only, tried 60Hz, tried 50Hz...) all kinds of flim flam like swapping HDMI ports to fix it... to no avail.
It is up to Amazon to get the software up to par. Considering how obvious the two errors are, I don't understand what is going on over there in Seattle.

Not a good start.
On offer on the UK, £35, 2 in the bag, will report my 4k streaming experiences once up and running 👍🏼
Hi there,
just read the whole bunch of info here...but cant get the final conclusion concerning "Live-TV" 1080I on the Fire tv 4k stick ?

- Interlacing livetv on Kodi for e.g. mpeg4 h.264 channels (german TV) from tvheadend server , its 50hz 1080I interlaced material .... does it work  WITH DECENT INTERLACING ?

maybe someone can help...i´ve just orderder one today with a lot of hope concerning using the stick for live tv and decent interlacing (german tv :-)).  
I´ver read the discussion , but could not get a clue if someone was able to test the above mentioned szenario...

feedback welcome :-).

regards
arel
(2018-11-19, 11:57)arel Wrote: - Interlacing livetv on Kodi for e.g. mpeg4 h.264 channels (german TV) from tvheadend server , its 50hz 1080I interlaced material .... does it work  WITH DECENT INTERLACING ?
Exactly my setup at the moment (German Sky HD), no deinterlacing by the hardware.
(2018-11-19, 12:52)blinkel Wrote:
(2018-11-19, 11:57)arel Wrote: - Interlacing livetv on Kodi for e.g. mpeg4 h.264 channels (german TV) from tvheadend server , its 50hz 1080I interlaced material .... does it work  WITH DECENT INTERLACING ?
Exactly my setup at the moment (German Sky HD), no deinterlacing by the hardware. 
...and you are already using the NEW fire STICK 4K ?  then I will be disappointed very soon...mine will come tomorrow :-(.
or does your post mean that you have the same situation and "requirement" for decent interlacing but the FORMER Fire TV HW does NOT fullfill it...

hope dies last ;-)....or can you confirm that even with the NEW Fire stick 4k , deinterlacing doesn´t work for 1080I  50hz ?

sorry I´m courious....

regards
arel
Yes, I'm talking about the new one.
Yeah the audio sync is driving me crazy.

Might have to mothball this and go back to my full HTPC machine.... :-(
(2018-11-19, 10:36)DaMacFunkin Wrote: On offer on the UK, £35, 2 in the bag, will report my 4k streaming experiences once up and running 👍🏼
 thanks just picked up another at this price Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3