• 31(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2019-01-23, 18:05)Hitcher Wrote:
(2019-01-23, 17:35)boood Wrote: How to set or what to install to Netflix Add-on so that they do not trim (frame) 1080p videos. I want to have frequency switching in netflix. 720p materials work smoothly. Is the processor in stick 4k too weak (sw) to play netflix 1080p in kodi smoothly?
 Why not just play it natively on the Fire TV?

Unlike native app, Netflix on Kodi will have auto frame rate switching
(2019-01-23, 17:35)boood Wrote: How to set or what to install to Netflix Add-on so that they do not trim (frame) 1080p videos. I want to have frequency switching in netflix. 720p materials work smoothly. Is the processor in stick 4k too weak (sw) to play netflix 1080p in kodi smoothly?
Because there is no automatic frame switching in the native netflix application. Everything on the projector with netflix shows up in 59 (60) Hz. I can not manually set the 24Hz refresh rate in 4K.
(2019-01-23, 18:16)farhanito Wrote:

Here is what I mean.
I think the clever chap at the bug reporting got to the bottom of the issue regards Kodi not automatically switching to 2160p for 4k files all the time.

If the file isn't exactly 3840x2160 it doesn't recognise that is should be using that resolution & falls back to the native resolution, hence why setting GUI resolution limit to unlimited works as a workaround for these files.

As films are almost never in that resolution (they rip them excluding the black bars & films are rarely made in 16:9 aspect ratio now) the height resolution is incorrect, so it falls back to 1080p when auto is set.

If Unlimited is set in GUI resolution you have a similar problem with 1080p files, in that most aren't exactly 1080, either, so it again falls back to the native resolution, in this case, 3840x2160, cos unlimited is set.
(2019-01-23, 18:16)farhanito Wrote:

Didn't know that, does it also play 4k/HDR content?
The frame rates are all 23.9 4k Blueray files.

Have you tried setting the Kodi resolution to 1080p?

When I play a 4k file even if it is x1600 and not x2160p my TV shows it switching to 3840x2160p.

If I play a 1080p file it is switching to 1080p/24

This is with Kodi 18 RC5.

You have to set Kodi resolution setting under system settings to 1080p and not 4k.

GUI resolution is set to auto.

If the TV is showing 3840x2160p when I play a 4k file does that mean I am getting 4k files playback at the correct resolution?.
(2019-01-20, 12:44)Raboon Wrote: Amazon have updated the stick such that the AV sync is now back on their own ecosystem - Prime videos, apps and channels. Good work lads.
@Raboon Do you have any info on this update because I can't find any?

Both Amazon and AFTV News report the last build was Version 5.2.6.8.
I had 5.2.6.8 before many on the board so it's just luck of the draw I guess. I'm glad to hear that a lip sync fix is coming to all (eventually).
Hello all,

Not really sure I could find answers in the previous posts so here we go:

Are there still people having the same issue than me on new firestick 4K: audio out of sync with some apps..

My stick is last 5.2.6.8 updated, screen settings to auto up to 4K, auto frame rate ON, 10 bits, Ycbcr and Kodi 18 RC5.2, resolution 1080p/59.94 on tv panasonic 4K, no whitelist, unlimited gui resolution limit, always adjust display refresh rate and sync playback to display ON.

about kodi, I have no problem to play 4K/1080p video but audio out of sync so.. and same with native Prime Video as well (live in the UK). No audio problem with native netflix and all live app as bbc iplayer etc..

Someone could find a solution or i ll have to wait another update? thks
You can adjust the audio delay to match in kodi.

The problem with that currently is that the audio sync is different for ac3 & DD/DTS files, so you have to change it for each different file type.

If anyone knows a way to set audio delay as default for only a specific file type that would be perfect.

I haven't tried the native prime app cos my TV has it, I'll give it a try later & see what, if any, audio sync problems there are.
(2019-01-26, 21:12)hugo86e Wrote: always adjust display refresh rate and sync playback to display ON.

about kodi, I have no problem to play 4K/1080p video but audio out of sync

Those settings are all wrong. In fact they conflict with one another no matter what Kodi media player you are using.

Use adjust display Refresh Rate > Start/Stop

Sync Playback should always be OFF for devices with auto Kodi Refresh Rate Switching.

Alright I changed that but it did not help. And also that s not the reason why its also out of sync with prime video.. I mean this stick should be at first designed for prime video!
Hitched,

When I bought the “New” stick Amazon’s streaming content was unwatchable because of sync. It was laughably out of whack with no way to fix things onboard.

The sync was fine on my other devices. I’m not going to stick a global offset on my amp.

I wrote off the streaming part of the device, there’s not a lot of Amazon content that piques my interest.

Recently (not last week by the way) I started watching local content on Kodi and the sync was laughably out.
Checked Amazon’s streaming AV and it is now just a couple of frames out. Think Bloomberg TV.

Amazon have obviously done something. I certainly haven’t. Fire OS 6.2.5.8 / Home Version 6.1.2.2-002

I’ve now put an offset on Kodi so it syncs. I needed to do that on the old 2016 4K box which was unflappable. This thing is still far from ideal but there are no solid, future proof boxes available to jump ship.
Hitcher*

Exploring the DTS issue, my amp doesn't show what it is being fed, frustratingly, so I can't discern whether there is some kind of conversion going on. Fire TV set to "best". Trying to think of a clever way to investigate further without tooling up.
I have read you have to set the Firestick sound settings to stereo fixed the audio out of sync.

If this does not work someone should file a bug report. I'm not sure how to do this myself. Hopefully the Kodi devs will then fix it ready for Kodi 18 final.

The best settings are Kodi resolution set to 1080p/59.94, switch refresh rate set to start/stop and leave everything else on default.

Firestick settings auto 4k, auto refresh on, YcBr, 10 bits.

The problem with 4k playing at 1080p is caused by setting the Kodi resolution to 4k. This should be set at 1080p and Kodi will switch your TV to 4k when you play a 4k file.

do not touch the whitelist settings for now because it will make 4k content play back at 1080p untill the fix it in Kodi 18 final.

Everything plays back In the correct refresh rates but not 29.9fps or 30fps videos I believe. These play at 59.9 which doesn't seem to cause much issues and most content is 23.9 or 24fps.

When Kodi final lands you will be able to use all the whitelist and hopefully it should all switch correctly.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3