• 40(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2019-05-30, 23:33)testphase Wrote: do you think it is possbile to update this version to coreelec 9.0.2? there has been a lot bug fixes now since the above versions. or can you maybe share the methode so that people can do theirself?

thanks again

@Arthur is already on to it over in THIS CE thread.

Hi can someone help on getting TrueHD on the Firestick 4K using Kodi? I chose 7.1 and the soundbar shows Dolby Audio.
Argh I can't seem to edit my post. I know that the Firestick can't pass through TrueHD; in the first post there's a guide on how to pass through TrueHD as PCM. I can't seem to get that. I have set the channels as 7.1.
So, the long awaited 'h264 interlacing fix' from amazon has finally arrived, and its not good news on the Kodi front guys.
Using a TVHeadend server, and the TVHE PVR client, I get beautiful deinterlaced playback for about 5-10 seconds, then the players locks up until a reboot.

The positive news is using the 'dream Player TV' app, which is just a TVHeadend client...1080 interlaced h264 content is playing perfectly now on the fire stick 4K, it definitely wasn't before as I checked when I first got the device.

Im using the 18.2 RC, Im happy to provide logs etc if they can be of use to anyone.
(2019-06-21, 17:23)gb160 Wrote: So, the long awaited 'h264 interlacing fix' from amazon has finally arrived, and its not good news on the Kodi front guys.
Using a TVHeadend server, and the TVHE PVR client, I get beautiful deinterlaced playback for about 5-10 seconds, then the players locks up until a reboot.

The positive news is using the 'dream Player TV' app, which is just a TVHeadend client...1080 interlaced h264 content is playing perfectly now on the fire stick 4K, it definitely wasn't before as I checked when I first got the device.

Im using the 18.2 RC, Im happy to provide logs etc if they can be of use to anyone.
I can confirm that it is playing stuff it would not play before, including the Fraggle Rock disc.

I am considering changing the advanced settings to let it have a go at the DVDs -- might take me a bit. [Edit: DVDs with MPEG2 480i seem to work much better -- not finding any problems with cursory inspection]
It's too bad Dolby Vision support isn't working for the Netflix addon. So we have a choice between content with HDR10/Atmos with the Netflix addon or Dolby Vision/no Atmos through the Netflix app.
Can someone please confirm, that Hardware h264 1080i deinterlacing is working on the Fire TV 4k Stick? Currently on the Fire TV 3 and considering switching to the 4k Stick if it is working.

Thanks for your Support here.
(2019-06-25, 18:21)Vlaves Wrote: Can someone please confirm, that Hardware h264 1080i deinterlacing is working on the Fire TV 4k Stick? Currently on the Fire TV 3 and considering switching to the 4k Stick if it is working.

Id hang fire for a while mate, I'm still getting no joy with Kodi using TVHeadend 4.2.8, using a DVB-T stick for 1080i Freeview in the UK.
Weirdly I can use the Dream Player TV app on the Firestick and I can view the channels fine....Kodi just locks up after a few seconds.

Quite a few people are still reporting problems with the 'fix', although for some people its completely fixed the issue...@Nelbert being one.
(2019-06-26, 10:37)gb160 Wrote:
(2019-06-25, 18:21)Vlaves Wrote: Can someone please confirm, that Hardware h264 1080i deinterlacing is working on the Fire TV 4k Stick? Currently on the Fire TV 3 and considering switching to the 4k Stick if it is working.

Id hang fire for a while mate, I'm still getting no joy with Kodi using TVHeadend 4.2.8, using a DVB-T stick for 1080i Freeview in the UK.
Weirdly I can use the Dream Player TV app on the Firestick and I can view the channels fine....Kodi just locks up after a few seconds.

Quite a few people are still reporting problems with the 'fix', although for some people its completely fixed the issue...@Nelbert being one.

Do you maybe use MrMc? Can you please check if you use it, if it is working in MrMc? In MrMC there is an option to allow interlaced content for Hardware Acceleration. So if you use it or if MrMC Lite is working for Live TV, would be really great if you could test thos as well.

Regards
Vlaves
(2019-06-30, 10:38)Vlaves Wrote:

Do you maybe use MrMc? Can you please check if you use it, if it is working in MrMc? In MrMC there is an option to allow interlaced content for Hardware Acceleration. So if you use it or if MrMC Lite is working for Live TV, would be really great if you could test thos as well.

Regards
Vlaves 

I don't use it mate, I don't even know what it is lol.

Regards
Vlaves 
I haven't done extensive tests but using the HD Homerun PVR within MrMC fed by my HD Homerun Connect device seems to work perfectly with the Freeview HD channels I receive.

I can't comment about Kodi itself as I deleted it from my 4K Firestick when I could never get audio passthrough working properly.
(2019-06-30, 18:32)stammie Wrote: I haven't done extensive tests but using the HD Homerun PVR within MrMC fed by my HD Homerun Connect device seems to work perfectly with the Freeview HD channels I receive.

I can't comment about Kodi itself as I deleted it from my 4K Firestick when I could never get audio passthrough working properly.

Thanks fro the reply. What codec is used for the Freeview HD channels? Sorry for asking maybe a dumb question, but is it 1080i h264?

Regards
Vlaves  
Through curiosity, I tried MrMC lite, and its displaying exactly the same issues that Kodi suffers from.
From reading the Amazon issues on Github, the issue is believed to be to do with the colour space type used in certain interlaced h264 streams.

Im receiving UK Freeview channels through a DVB-T stick, using a TVHeadend server, and im not intelligent enough to know whether the channels are transmitted with this colour space, or if the DVB stick plays a part in it, or if TVHeadend is responsible.

The strange thing for me is why Dream Player TV seems to deinterlace the channels fine, im 99% sure its not done by software as the CPU usage barely alters when playing them...but at least I can use the Firestick to watch TV now, which I couldn't before the latest update.
(2019-07-01, 18:44)gb160 Wrote:
(2019-06-26, 10:37)gb160 Wrote: Id hang fire for a while mate, I'm still getting no joy with Kodi using TVHeadend 4.2.8, using a DVB-T stick for 1080i Freeview in the UK.

Regards
Vlaves   
Through curiosity, I tried MrMC lite, and its displaying exactly the same issues that Kodi suffers from.
From reading the Amazon issues on Github, the issue is believed to be to do with the colour space type used in certain interlaced h264 streams.

Im receiving UK Freeview channels through a DVB-T stick, using a TVHeadend server, and im not intelligent enough to know whether the channels are transmitted with this colour space, or if the DVB stick plays a part in it, or if TVHeadend is responsible.

The strange thing for me is why Dream Player TV seems to deinterlace the channels fine, im 99% sure its not done by software as the CPU usage barely alters when playing them...but at least I can use the Firestick to watch TV now, which I couldn't before the latest update. 

Thanks for the reply and the information.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3