• 49(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2019-12-07, 12:50)fritsch Wrote: Cool - please reply on my pull request on github. Btw. timestamp branch is Leia based - I don't want to bother users with testing master if it's not needed. 

Your PR is for master and I only use Leia, so I don't know if it would be OK to reply there.
I also tested it on the Shield and didn't found any regressions.
Yeah - would be okay. I am the author of both. Btw. does my precompiled apk work for you? (It's Leia so won't kill anything)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-07, 13:33)fritsch Wrote: Btw. does my precompiled apk work for you? (It's Leia so won't kill anything)

I'll try it after the Real Madrid match Smile because I have to rename the kodi folder, uninstall my own version and install yours.
What's special in your version? Any fixes we need? If you build yourself anyways, have a look in my fritschfiretv branch - here is everything integrated that's too large for Leia backport on Leia base.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New timestamp build: (below) (should also work for @wizziwig ) - give the mirror a bit time.

Minor update (after having watched LOTR for 2.5 hours): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
(2019-12-07, 14:20)fritsch Wrote: What's special in your version? Any fixes we need? 

Nothing special, only a couple of hacks that suit my needs and that I like to compile and use my own builds since the XBMP days.
On Android, apps can't be updated if the apk is signed with a different key so they must be uninstalled.

Anyway, I tested the last apk you posted and it's working as intended.
(2019-12-07, 14:22)fritsch Wrote: New timestamp build: (below) (should also work for @wizziwig ) - give the mirror a bit time.

Minor update (after having watched LOTR for 2.5 hours): http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

This version works fine.  I tried with Fire OS audio settings set to "Best Available" or "Always Dolby Digital" (TV does not support DD+).  All Kodi settings are stock clean install.  I get the sense that audio sync is still slightly off with stereo aac file.

When I debug these kind of issues on my own projects, I prefer objective testing using some test patterns, camera, and audacity analysis.  I will try to get you some detailed analysis and logs as soon as possible.  Thanks for working on this bug.
(2019-12-07, 20:40)wizziwig Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 14:22)fritsch Wrote: New timestamp build: (below) (should also work for @wizziwig ) - give the mirror a bit time.

This version works fine.  I tried with Fire OS audio settings set to "Best Available" or "Always Dolby Digital" (TV does not support DD+).  All Kodi settings are stock clean install.  I get the sense that audio sync is still slightly off with stereo aac file.
I concur with this post. Same exact experience.
I am waiting for your logfiles and for the "description" of "sense that audio sync is slightly off" <- this slightly I am interested in. Is this 100 ms - is it 50 ms?

Reason why I am asking: there is no other public API available to measure the delay.
Sorry - I had one wraparound detection wrong: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - please use this build for your measurements. If you already did those with the old one, I take them never the less, cause the flaw would be visible in logfile.
I did some testing overnight, with all old videos I could find and stereo sound:

- Mama-Mia mpeg4 + mp3
- 23 - mpeg2 + mp2
- Sweeney Todt - mpeg4 + mp3

All were horribly out of sync before and are now working really fine. So I think it's working in general. Never the less I want to have such an AAC sample, it might be that it uses the mediacodec audio decoder for it.
(2019-12-08, 10:15)fritsch Wrote: it might be that it uses the mediacodec audio decoder for it.
AFAIK, mediacodec for audio was disabled after this commit and is only used for encrypted streams (DAZN, for example). A couple of weeks ago I enabled it to test the audio sync but it was exactly the same as with ffmpeg.
(2019-12-07, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Sorry - I had one wraparound detection wrong: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - please use this build for your measurements. If you already did those with the old one, I take them never the less, cause the flaw would be visible in logfile.

Sorry for the delay.  Wanted to go back and retest with your latest version.
Log posted at: https://paste.kodi.tv/kazusigijo.kodi

Here are the results with my Samsung F8500 Plasma TV and Fire TV Stick 4K running Fire OS 6.2.6.8.  OS audio settings are set to "Best Available" and Kodi is using stock settings except passthrough was enabled for DD.

AAC Stereo video file: Audio late by 0.249 seconds.
Dolby Digital 5.1 video file: Audio late by 0.097 seconds.

Adding a positive audio offset matching above values in the audio configuration while playing the files brings the audio in perfect sync.  Above values are +- 16.6 ms since that's the precision of my phone camera.

I'm using the test patterns available here

The A/V sync files are located in /08. Audio Delay&Bitstream/06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.mkv.

The original files contain Dolby Digital 5.1 so I converted them to stereo AAC using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i "06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.mkv" -map 0 -vcodec copy -scodec copy -acodec aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 "06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.aac.stereo.mkv"

You can use the same ffmpeg command to make your own stereo aac test files from whatever content you have available.
(2019-12-09, 02:20)wizziwig Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Sorry - I had one wraparound detection wrong: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - please use this build for your measurements. If you already did those with the old one, I take them never the less, cause the flaw would be visible in logfile.

Sorry for the delay.  Wanted to go back and retest with your latest version.
Log posted at: https://paste.kodi.tv/kazusigijo.kodi

Here are the results with my Samsung F8500 Plasma TV and Fire TV Stick 4K running Fire OS 6.2.6.8.  OS audio settings are set to "Best Available" and Kodi is using stock settings except passthrough was enabled for DD.

AAC Stereo video file: Audio late by 0.249 seconds.
Dolby Digital 5.1 video file: Audio late by 0.097 seconds.

Adding a positive audio offset matching above values in the audio configuration while playing the files brings the audio in perfect sync.  Above values are +- 16.6 ms since that's the precision of my phone camera.

I'm using the test patterns available here

The A/V sync files are located in /08. Audio Delay&Bitstream/06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.mkv.

The original files contain Dolby Digital 5.1 so I converted them to stereo AAC using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i "06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.mkv" -map 0 -vcodec copy -scodec copy -acodec aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 "06. Audio-delay-test_59.940.aac.stereo.mkv"

You can use the same ffmpeg command to make your own stereo aac test files from whatever content you have available. 

What are the results with the standard version?
Your logs look great, btw. the dealy is stable and everything works as it should. Wherever this delay is coming from, it's not from a user measurable AudioTrack delay source, cause:

VideoPlayer is happy as well! It would directly resync the stream if it thinks that delay is > 200 ms wrong. For the Dolby file, you basically get the exact same stats from the sink, which is exactly what I expected, cause Dolby is decoded to PCM, same for AAC - so it's just clear that the Sink behaves exactly the same, cause it only gets PCM data.

HDR10 HEVC 59.940 fps <- 59.94 fps ... not sure this is good the firetv. All those two files are perfectly in sync with e.g. nvidia shield / PC?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3