• 54(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-01-10, 11:07)fritsch Wrote: Just turn on "Adjust Refreshrate to match video on start / stop". Don't change the Whitelist, keep it empty.

For audio. The Samsung might do AC3, but not DTS. Therefore you could enable AC3, keep speakers to 2.0 and enable Dolby Transcoding.

Thanks !
Why do we need to keep the whitelist empty? I thought one should enable them?
And what is the correct kodi image to use now with the correct audio?
Hello! I'm new in this forum. I have Kodi Leia 18.5. installed on a fire Stick4k The problem is that I cannot see the audio options DtsHd, Dolby TrueHd. I am in the audio options in expert mode and with the passthroug activated. The F. Stick 4k device is connected to an AV receiver that supports all audio formats. I have seen some images online where these options appear but not me. Can anyone help? Thank you!!
(2020-01-11, 00:12)Spankirrin Wrote: Hello! I'm new in this forum. I have Kodi Leia 18.5. installed on a fire Stick4k The problem is that I cannot see the audio options DtsHd, Dolby TrueHd. I am in the audio options in expert mode and with the passthroug activated. The F. Stick 4k device is connected to an AV receiver that supports all audio formats. I have seen some images online where these options appear but not me. Can anyone help? Thank you!!

FireTV has no support for TrueHD and not for DTS-HD.

DTS-HD-HR is supported though.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-01-11, 22:04)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-01-11, 00:12)Spankirrin Wrote: Hello! I'm new in this forum. I have Kodi Leia 18.5. installed on a fire Stick4k The problem is that I cannot see the audio options DtsHd, Dolby TrueHd. I am in the audio options in expert mode and with the passthroug activated. The F. Stick 4k device is connected to an AV receiver that supports all audio formats. I have seen some images online where these options appear but not me. Can anyone help? Thank you!!

FireTV has no support for TrueHD and not for DTS-HD.

DTS-HD-HR is supported though.

Ok. Thank you!!
Hi

Tried to search for this but can't search for HDR. Due to 3+ letter search.

I just can't get Kodi to to switch to HDR10 for 10bit x265 files on my fire TV 4k. My Sony doesn't say its in HDR mode. If I force to HDR10 it looks way too dark, so not sure it's working right?

Any clues?
Make sure the input you connect it to is actually capable of doing HDR. Also make sure you allow the FireTV itself to do HDR -> Screen Settings in Android Menu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Wink 
(2020-01-05, 09:44)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 00:35)Kodroid Wrote:
(2019-12-27, 12:44)PouleYe Wrote: If the Wi-Fi does not work well (I ordered my Ubiquiti AP yesterday: P), I will switch to wired gig.
Thanks !  
The Fire TV 4K stick has the best Wifi I've seen in any streaming device I've owned. I do wish they would make another FireTV box in the future, though so we don't have to buy wired adapters.  

Full agree. 

full desagree.

Fire TV 4K + MrMC impossible to see my 4k rip 
Nvidia Shield + Kodi 18.5 same 4K rip are perfect.
(2020-01-14, 19:00)mamachan Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 09:44)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-01-05, 00:35)Kodroid Wrote: The Fire TV 4K stick has the best Wifi I've seen in any streaming device I've owned. I do wish they would make another FireTV box in the future, though so we don't have to buy wired adapters.  

Full agree.    

full desagree.

Fire TV 4K + MrMC impossible to see my 4k rip 
Nvidia Shield + Kodi 18.5 same 4K rip are perfect.   

Why do you compare MrMC vs. Kodi on a different hardware?

iperf3 testing with FireTV resulted in 300 Mbit/s directly next to a 5 GHz AC Repeater and it resulted in 195 Mbit/s with the router two rooms away.
Hello ,

I am using Firestick 4K , connected directly to my hw-Q80R sound bar which should be able to decode any audio format , though I don’t see anything being displayed on the sound bar when running Kodi leia, even sound is great though I am not sure if I am getting the best sound available .

My Kodi settings are:
7.1 channel
Dolby digital (ac3) enabled
Eac3 enabled
Dts enabled

I don’t see options to enable true hd and dts-hd

So when playing a movie on the sound bar I just see displayed the hdmi port nothing else,
Can someone tell me if this is expected ?

Thanks in advance .
DTS-HD, TrueHD is not supported by amazon's firmware.

For second:
play a DTS file, and AC3 file and post your kodi.log aftewards. One can see what it opens.
(2020-01-14, 22:34)fritsch Wrote: DTS-HD, TrueHD is not supported by amazon's firmware.

For second:
play a DTS file, and AC3 file and post your kodi.log aftewards. One can see what it opens.

I am new on this and I am struggling to export logs from fire stick ,I did find the logs, is there a simple way to export those logs , I have taken a picture with my phone though but not sure where to look .
Thanks for help.
Just found out that when playing the Witcher for example it does display Dolby Atmos.

Maybe I before I was not getting anything displayed on the sound bar because I was always playing remux uhd which have true hd or true dts , therefore as fire stick do not support it , it was expected.
Use the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon from the official (built-in) repo. You can find it under program addons.

Run that and it will upload the log and give you a URL. That's what you need to post here so people can use it to access the log.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-15, 09:32)DarrenHill Wrote: Use the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon from the official (built-in) repo. You can find it under program addons.

Run that and it will upload the log and give you a URL. That's what you need to post here so people can use it to access the log.
Tried that already , though it returns that log file is too large.

I could access logs via Xanax build on the wizard.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3