• 56(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-02-04, 21:48)Kodroid Wrote:
(2020-01-17, 18:44)mamachan Wrote: I have this problem with low resolution files.
If i set 720x576 (DVD) o 720x480 (mp4) in whitelist, this files are played very small on the TV, not in fullscreen mode.

No problem with 720p or highter files.

Why are you whitelisting them? i have a few DVD files and they always play fullscreen on my FireTV Stick 4K Kodi install. 

because in doing so the upscaling to 4K is done by the TV, if I'm not mistaken.
The upscaling of my TV is very good in my opinion.
@fritsch Could this fix be applied to (I presume) ffmpeg to fix the hangs with some 1080i TV channels?

Quote:When I was investigating this issue last year, I discovered that OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC can stall unless h264 NALUs for slices have zero padding at the end.
(2020-02-12, 00:41)A600 Wrote: @fritsch Could this fix be applied to (I presume) ffmpeg to fix the hangs with some 1080i TV channels?
Quote:When I was investigating this issue last year, I discovered that OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC can stall unless h264 NALUs for slices have zero padding at the end.
I could well be wrong, but my limited understanding of Kodi on Android says no, as Kodi on Android uses exoplayer and not ffmpeg.

It is however promising that someone from Amazon is actually looking into this issue, but I won't hold my breath for a fix from them.
(2020-02-12, 13:59)gb160 Wrote: I could well be wrong, but my limited understanding of Kodi on Android says no, as Kodi on Android uses exoplayer and not ffmpeg.

I was wrong about ffmpeg. Kodi uses mediacodec and OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC so, unless Amazon fixes it, there is nothing that can be done Sad
(2020-02-12, 19:09)A600 Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 13:59)gb160 Wrote: I could well be wrong, but my limited understanding of Kodi on Android says no, as Kodi on Android uses exoplayer and not ffmpeg.

I was wrong about ffmpeg. Kodi uses mediacodec and OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.AVC so, unless Amazon fixes it, there is nothing that can be done Sad 
Yeah, its Amazons problem to fix.
(2020-02-12, 20:37)gb160 Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 19:09)A600 Wrote:

Yeah, its Amazons problem to fix. 
I wonder what's taking them so long to fix it, considering it affects commercial apps as well.
Which commercial app sends interlaced?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi, I've bought a Fire TV Stick 4K last week to upgrade my no-smart TV in the kitchen, being able to see streaming contents from Prime Video and Netflix (mainly). I've successfully install on it Kodi 18.5, and it works very well.
One of the best feature of the last version of the stick, is the searching capability accross different apps. So I can search from a title in the home page, and the system is able to scan through different platforms. Currently the "searchable" apps are Prime Video (obviously), Netflix and YouTube. Is there any chance to make also the content of the Kodi library discoverable from the searching mechanism? Or is there already an existing addon that allows it?
Sorry for the english, hope the request would be clear....

thanks in advance
Andrea
Please can you post all your audio/video settings (both on Kodi and FireStick 4K)?.

watching 4k / 4k hdr videos from nas on my system is horrible (buffer every 15/20 seconds)

no problem on nvidia shield

Many Thanks.
That is not video / audio setting related. Please make a network throughput test from Firetv.

You can use kodi's media manager and just copy a file (1 GB) to the internal memory of FireTV.

Don't forget to delete it and check how much bandwidth you get. 4K HDR might be too slow via 100 Mbit/s LAN adapter (< 48 Mbit/s real throughput) and might only work via 5 Ghz Wireless.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-18, 21:42)fritsch Wrote: That is not video / audio setting related. Please make a network throughput test from Firetv.

You can use kodi's media manager and just copy a file (1 GB) to the internal memory of FireTV.

Don't forget to delete it and check how much bandwidth you get. 4K HDR might be too slow via 100 Mbit/s LAN adapter (< 48 Mbit/s real throughput) and might only work via 5 Ghz Wireless.

I don't use LAN adapter, i use wireless network at 5 Ghz (same network both for the shield and for the Fire Stick).
Do the test never the less.
@fritsch, I see that the stable build of 18.6 is now available on the mirrors, any chance up an updated fritschfiretv build?
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
It's already on the same version - just the "audiophile" number is missing :-)
Added the audiophile number :-) - not it should run double that good Tongue
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3