• 62(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
(2020-03-19, 21:34)fritsch Wrote: Was that fine with 18.5 or also broken there? Or was this the case since forever?

I haven't had the Fire 4k for too long, so 18.5 was as far back as I went, but it was like that on that version as well.
(2020-03-19, 21:30)jubilex Wrote: I have verified that my issue with stretched trailers is unrelated to the Cinemavision add-on -- it's an issue with Quicktime and the combination of Kodi and Fire TV 4k.

Using this video as an example: https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/u...h1080p.mov
  • Displays stretched vertically to 16:9 on Kodi Fire TV 4K

Confirmed as you describe it. This was also an issue discovered by Nova Video Player users on the Fire Stick 4K that was recently fixed. Seems it was an issue with MTK devices like our 4K Stick and Phillips Android TVs. Here's what was discovered in case it helps.

https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos...-565636649
(2020-03-20, 10:29)Kodroid Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 21:30)jubilex Wrote: I have verified that my issue with stretched trailers is unrelated to the Cinemavision add-on -- it's an issue with Quicktime and the combination of Kodi and Fire TV 4k.

Using this video as an example: https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/u...h1080p.mov
  • Displays stretched vertically to 16:9 on Kodi Fire TV 4K

Confirmed as you describe it. This was also an issue discovered by Nova Video Player users on the Fire Stick 4K that was recently fixed. Seems it was an issue with MTK devices like our 4K Stick and Phillips Android TVs. Here's what was discovered in case it helps.

https://github.com/nova-video-player/aos...-565636649  
Interesting that his issue is with an MKV. Every video I've ever played in that container has displayed properly, it has only been MOVs with me that have had the problem. I'll try his MKV test file when I get home.

Edit - his MKV displays correctly. Only MOVs seem to have the problem in Kodi.
I tried the test Leia build and it fixed audio delay issues for most of my video files.  However, I was still seeing about 200-250 ms audio delay for Dolby Digital Plus (eac3) files.  In the end I had to revert back to the standard 18.6 so everything would have the same delay.  Has anyone else run into issues specifically with eac3?
(2020-03-22, 23:09)banderson1311 Wrote: I tried the test Leia build and it fixed audio delay issues for most of my video files.  However, I was still seeing about 200-250 ms audio delay for Dolby Digital Plus (eac3) files.  In the end I had to revert back to the standard 18.6 so everything would have the same delay.  Has anyone else run into issues specifically with eac3?

The only files I've noticed issues with since Fritsch's fix is episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm which, now that you mention it, do in fact use DD+. And yes I still have to manually delay those 250ms.

But a large percentage of my movies also use DD+, and I've never had sync issues with any of those (I just verified this to be sure). Just with stereo files -- now fixed by fritsch -- and these Curb eps.

Mediainfo from MPC-HC for Curb, which requires 250ms offset: 
Quote:2
Format                         : E-AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness    : Big
Codec ID                       : A_EAC3
Duration                       : 45mn 8s
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 256 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode               : Lossy
Delay relative to video        : 11ms
Stream size                    : 82.7 MiB (5%)
Default                        : Yes
Forced                         : No

And from a movie I just watched that was perfectly in sync:
Quote:ID                             : 4
Format                         : E-AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness    : Big
Codec ID                       : A_EAC3
Duration                       : 2h 4mn
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode               : Lossy
Stream size                    : 569 MiB (7%)
Language                       : English
Default                        : No
Forced                         : No

(2020-03-23, 02:15)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 23:09)banderson1311 Wrote: I tried the test Leia build and it fixed audio delay issues for most of my video files.  However, I was still seeing about 200-250 ms audio delay for Dolby Digital Plus (eac3) files.  In the end I had to revert back to the standard 18.6 so everything would have the same delay.  Has anyone else run into issues specifically with eac3?

The only files I've noticed issues with since Fritsch's fix is episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm which, now that you mention it, do in fact use DD+. And yes I still have to manually delay those 250ms.

But a large percentage of my movies also use DD+, and I've never had sync issues with any of those (I just verified this to be sure). Just with stereo files -- now fixed by fritsch -- and these Curb eps.

Mediainfo from MPC-HC for Curb, which requires 250ms offset: 
Those Curb episodes are by XLF and seem to be lower bitrate than the NTb Curb episodes I watch which are much higher audio bitrate and don't have any delay. You should get those instead. I do wonder why 256 Kbps multichannel EAC3 produces a delay though. I haven't confirmed it for myself, just taking your word for it for now.
I tested a couple of files and 640 kbps videos do seem to be OK.  I'll do some upgrading of my files and see if that fixes the issue overall.
Do you get Dolby Atmos audio on Disney+?
(2020-03-25, 09:57)mamachan Wrote: Do you get Dolby Atmos audio on Disney+?
Yes, I just looked at the Mandalorian and it's Atmos.
Not currently, in the UK at least, as Disney have disabled it to limit the bandwidth during Corona Virus.
Thanks.
Any chance of the MOV stretch being fixed in Matrix?
(2020-03-31, 18:51)jubilex Wrote: Any chance of the MOV stretch being fixed in Matrix?

Where is your github issue again? With the samples?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-03-31, 18:59)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 18:51)jubilex Wrote: Any chance of the MOV stretch being fixed in Matrix?

Where is your github issue again? With the samples?

Here's my earlier post -- I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with GitHub.

I have verified that my issue with MOV files in aspect ratios of 2.35 or 2.40 being stretched vertically is unrelated to the Cinemavision add-on -- it's an issue with Quicktime and the combination of Kodi and Fire TV 4k.

• Displays correctly in Kodi on PC
  • Displays correctly in Kodi on Android 10 phone
  • Displays correctly in Plex on Fire TV 4k
  • Displays stretched vertically to 16:9 on Kodi Fire TV 4k
I found another post of another user saying the same thing, and oddly he said they display correctly in Kodi on the Fire TV 2nd gen -- it only seems to be an issue on the 4k. I can test Fire TV 2nd gen myself later if necessary.

Debug log: licusawuki.kodi (paste)
Short question: On FTV Stick 4K its still not fixed the auto framerate switching inside the original Netflix app?
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3