• 70(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
@fritsch @Facakente has opened a github issue here:
https://github.com/peak3d/inputstream.ad...issues/460

Looks like it's a Firetv "issue" when using secure decoder.
(2020-06-06, 01:14)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 04:56)dm21912 Wrote:
(2020-05-27, 17:20)jubilex Wrote: What is everyone doing about the limited space on the Firestick? I get constant low storage warnings and poor performance as a result.

I have nothing installed but unremovable system apps and Kodi.

I've tried moving Kodi to external thumb drive, but then Kodi's performance is just terrible.

I just have all library content on Network drive which i grab by SMB.
Artist info, album art etc is on network
And thumbnails i have sent to the network drive using path substitution. 

thumbnails are the biggest culprit.

Thanks...so is over network faster than from USB thumb drive plugged into Fire TV? Kodi is for all practical purposes unusable when I moved it to the thumb drive.

My library content has always been on the network.

Can you tell me what the default path is for the thumbnails when installed on the Fire TV?

I dont know if its faster than USB, but I havnt had any problems storing my thumbnails on my network (and with my thumbnail folder currently stands at about 3gb, I really should clean in)

thumbnails should be in your profile directory

so android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>userdata>thumbnails (or Thumbnails - not sure if its capitalised by default)..

I just sub the path in advancedsettings.xml

<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
<to>smb://DSL-AC56U/sdb1/Kodi/Thumbnails</to>
</substitute>

Off my device and on network drive I have

+ All library items
+ All thumbnails
+ Artist Info folder, Lyrics etc

My firestick only has Kodi, Facebook, Youtube and a couple of other things and sits at about 1.5gb free

if it drops below 1gb i clean out the kodi packages folder. So for me just keeping that handful of things on the network is more than enough to keep plenty of space without having to do dirty hacks to move all userdata to usb drives
(2020-06-07, 02:14)88keyz Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 20:56)DB42 Wrote: @fritsch  you talked about official 18.7.1. Where can this be downloaded from?  The official Kodi.tv/download page only lists 18.7 for Android?

Would this be better to use on the firestick 4K or would your build from June 1st be better?  Thanks.
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

June 1st fritschfiretv build is based on 18.7.1 with a couple additional fixes.  See fritsch's post above for details.
Thank you for letting me know.
Rainbow 
(2020-06-05, 22:26)hdmkv Wrote: Good to see AFTVNews is back.
Thanks for the heads up! Good news - in both senses :-)
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
(2020-06-07, 03:29)dm21912 Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 01:14)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-06-01, 04:56)dm21912 Wrote: I just have all library content on Network drive which i grab by SMB.
Artist info, album art etc is on network
And thumbnails i have sent to the network drive using path substitution. 

thumbnails are the biggest culprit.

Thanks...so is over network faster than from USB thumb drive plugged into Fire TV? Kodi is for all practical purposes unusable when I moved it to the thumb drive.

Can you tell me what the default path is for the thumbnails when installed on the Fire TV?

I dont know if its faster than USB, but I havnt had any problems storing my thumbnails on my network (and with my thumbnail folder currently stands at about 3gb, I really should clean in)

so android>data>org.xbmc.kodi>files>userdata>thumbnails (or Thumbnails - not sure if its capitalised by default)..

<substitute>
</substitute>

+ All library items
+ All thumbnails

My firestick only has Kodi, Facebook, Youtube and a couple of other things and sits at about 1.5gb free

if it drops below 1gb i clean out the kodi packages folder. So for me just keeping that handful of things on the network is more than enough to keep plenty of space without having to do dirty hacks to move all userdata to usb drives

Thanks, great to know! I tried it and Kodi log shows an error that it was unable to substitute for some reason, even though I copied the destination SMB info (login/pass/IP/etc) straight from the passwords.xml to make sure I had it right. I guess I need to turn on debug logging for more details about what the issue is.
(2020-06-08, 18:47)jubilex Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 03:29)dm21912 Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 01:14)jubilex Wrote: Thanks...so is over network faster than from USB thumb drive plugged into Fire TV? Kodi is for all practical purposes unusable when I moved it to the thumb drive.

<substitute>
</substitute>

+ All library items
+ All thumbnails

Thanks, great to know! I tried it and Kodi log shows an error that it was unable to substitute for some reason, even though I copied the destination SMB info (login/pass/IP/etc) straight from the passwords.xml to make sure I had it right. I guess I need to turn on debug logging for more details about what the issue is.
yeh, i have local passwords disabled for smb, too many times it had me banging my head against the wall with various things regarding permissions Big Grin

but im the only one on my network and im confident nobody else will get on it
(2020-06-01, 19:06)fritsch Wrote: New build up. Changes: Pause + Flush vs. Drain on deinitialize. Might be interesting for livetv users.
According to the following blog post additional Android specific fixes have been added to the 18.7.2 release pushed to Github yesterday, any chance of an updated Fire TV build?

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-leia-187-android

As always, thanks very much in advance.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
Why fix exactly affects you? Is it latest and greatest syndrome or do you have an actual issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-06-10, 19:18)fritsch Wrote: Why fix exactly affects you? Is it latest and greatest syndrome or do you have an actual issue?
No one issue in particular but it is nice to have the "latest and greatest" as you put it.  I appreciate your efforts and what they have brought to Kodi users with Fire TV devices.  You've made Kodi a much better product on these devices.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
While I am not a medical doctor ;-) the new build is up. Only changes: Rebase on 18.7.2 (or how it was called).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello,

i know this device supports dolby vision on the apple tv app, but can't find any info on dolby atmos?!

Can somebpdy provide accurate information?

Thanks
Is the audio 175/200ms delay fix working in the 9th June build?
I still get a delay when watching live TV when the fireos audio setting is set to anything other that Stereo.
It's in all builds since a very long time. If you have a specific issue, especially with LiveTV -> post your Debug Log. Here all fine.
(2020-06-21, 10:19)fritsch Wrote: It's in all builds since a very long time. If you have a specific issue, especially with LiveTV -> post your Debug Log. Here all fine.

Thanks! here's the log
https://paste.kodi.tv/ipumugotux
Let me know if you need any more detail
(2020-06-22, 17:53)ep0ch Wrote:
(2020-06-21, 10:19)fritsch Wrote: It's in all builds since a very long time. If you have a specific issue, especially with LiveTV -> post your Debug Log. Here all fine.

Thanks! here's the log
https://paste.kodi.tv/ipumugotux
Let me know if you need any more detail

Actually i just tried this build and all is good.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Below is the build with the sync issues
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/...64-v8a.apk
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3