• 71(current)
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
1) your firetv does not support the linked 64 bit build
2) That's exactly why the fritschfiretv version exists... Leia official will never work properly, cause we cannot drop the hackarounds for non standard devices, but but but they were just 10 dollars and ssssspppppmmmmcccc works since forever.

So the choice is either:
Use fritschfiretv version, use v19 nightlies or live with the sync issues in official Leia.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello. Regarding the fritschfiretv of Kodi.

I use kodi and have the Firestick 4K.

I don't have suround sound so don't need the fix for 7.1 audio.

Am I best to be using the official latest version of kodi. Kodi 18.7.2?

Is the only difference the fix for 7.1 audio?

Another question. Kodi 19 is there any speed improvement or anything better about it that I would benefit from on the Firestick 4K?
(2020-07-03, 21:04)LukeHansford Wrote: Hello. Regarding the fritschfiretv of Kodi.

I use kodi and have the Firestick 4K.

I don't have suround sound so don't need the fix for 7.1 audio.

Am I best to be using the official latest version of kodi. Kodi 18.7.2?

Is the only difference the fix for 7.1 audio?

Another question. Kodi 19 is there any speed improvement or anything better about it that I would benefit from on the Firestick 4K?
Here's what you should do since we are pretty much all doing it ITT: install the latest fritschfiretv build from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ and just use the default sound settings in the Kodi app. This makes sure you don't get the delay for stereo files and you get all the re-based merges from Kodi 18.x.x.

I would not recommend using Kodi 19 until we get a beta release.
I can't find any difference between the latest Kodi 18.7.2 and fritschfiretv version from 10/6. I get 5.1 sound from appropriate videos and have to set audio 300ms ahead for lipsync on both. Am I missing something here? I've read a fair bit of this thread but can't find the bit that tells me what to expect.

Please could someone steer me to the relevant section.
You are missing your Debug Log ... besides that:

Latest version from yesterday has the following changes:

a) Rebase on Leia (18.7.x)
b) It uses FLOAT (32 bit) again for multi channel (PCM output for e.g. FLAC 5.1, AAC 5.1, etc.) as with the 16 bit Int that we used intermediately to fix yet other firmware bugs the DD+ encoder of the FireTV jumped in also for multi-channel and reencoded the 16 bit Int multi-channel to DD+ ... and they did not even get the rear channels proper :-(. Good for us, this encoder does not properly understand FLOAT and skips it ;-)

No other changes concerning sync, nothing - works as good as it worked before.

If a 300 ms sync helps you in _all cases_ you have another problem, meaning your AVR and your TV are constantly off. One of the evil things with the original issue was, that the delay was flactuating, which made it very hard to workaround until we did it properly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Many thanks for this fritsch. I knew I had to stick (no pun) with your version and I will do from now on without question.
(2020-07-12, 14:31)sonofdibnah Wrote: Many thanks for this fritsch. I knew I had to stick (no pun) with your version and I will do from now on without question.

:-) hehe, that was a good one. Questions are always welcome, besides when they are answered two answers before.

As current development focusses on v19, I currently don't plan to add anything new or backport anything, just don't know what.
(2020-07-12, 17:24)fritsch Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 14:31)sonofdibnah Wrote: Many thanks for this fritsch. I knew I had to stick (no pun) with your version and I will do from now on without question.

:-) hehe, that was a good one. Questions are always welcome, besides when they are answered two answers before.

As current development focusses on v19, I currently don't plan to add anything new or backport anything, just don't know what.
I'm curious to see if v19 gives our Fire TV 4K stick any performance boosts, like when scrolling down lists of files, which is somewhat slow at first.
Finally I bought it

Installed Kodi v19

Picture quality seems to be the same compared to Intel box (also tested black levels and etc)

Really happy of it

Hi fritsch. I know you said you don't plan on doing anything new, but Kodi 18.8 was released today and wondering if you will be making your version based on 18.8?
Very happy with the Firestick so far, it looks amazing on 4k TV. I have a 7.1 setup but im not sure which settings to use. I installed the latest fritschfiretv build. Should the audio output device be set to IEC or RAW? I currently IEC and have it set to 7.1 optimized with passthrough disabled. If I enable passtrhough for Dolby Digital+ and DTS-HD will DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD still be decodded 7.1 LPCM?
(2020-07-29, 22:47)movies8414 Wrote: Very happy with the Firestick so far, it looks amazing on 4k TV. I have a 7.1 setup but im not sure which settings to use. I installed the latest fritschfiretv build. Should the audio output device be set to IEC or RAW? I currently IEC and have it set to 7.1 optimized with passthrough disabled. If I enable passtrhough for Dolby Digital+ and DTS-HD will DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD still be decodded 7.1 LPCM?
I tested it with a DTS-X sample vid enabling passtrhough for DTS would cause DTS-X to transcode to DTS 5.1. Leaving passthrough disabled with 7.1 optimized seems to works best.
From post #1
7.1 Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA will be decoded to 7.1 LPCM audio and output
(hint - set Kodi audio channels 7.1 and disable those Kodi HD audio options)

I don't see any HD audio options in Kodi setting, and i'm not able to get any LPCM audio.

If i disable passtrhough, DTS , DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD are all decoded like DD+.

Why?
(2020-07-29, 01:51)DB42 Wrote:

Hi fritsch. I know you said you don't plan on doing anything new, but Kodi 18.8 was released today and wondering if you will be making your version based on 18.8?
It seems he added a new test build based on 18.8 today. Just installed it.
@fritsch  Thank you for the updated version of fritschbuilds.  Your work is very much appreciated.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2018 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K3